Studio 2009 - Failed to install
Thread poster: Nicole Pennebaker

Nicole Pennebaker  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 09:09
French to English
Jun 23, 2009

I'm trying to install Studio 2009 and am getting an error message that the component "Visual C++ 2005 redistributable" has failed. Anyone have any idea what this means and/or how to make it work?

Info: I have a new computer which has Vista x64 (this has already been a problem with some other programs.) I dont' know if this matters, but I'm not upgrading to Studio 2009 - this is a first time purchase/download /installation.

Thanks for any help.

Direct link Reply with quote

Claudia Alvis  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 11:09
Spanish
+ ...
Solution Finder Jun 23, 2009

It might be a problem with Vista x64. Use the Solution Finder at Talisma: http://talisma.sdl.com/display/2n/_index1.aspx?tab=opt4&r=0.2104417. Select your choices until you reach the contact page. You can contact SDL for installation issues.

Good luck

Nicole Pennebaker  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 09:09
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
I think it's now installed successfully Jun 25, 2009

A very kind Trados support person saw my post and e-mailed me a list of steps to take to fix the installation problem. All seems to be well now.

Thank you so much for your help!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2009 - Failed to install

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search