Thread poster: Heiko Schmieder

Heiko Schmieder  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 00:32
English to German
+ ...
Jun 24, 2009

Hello,

I searched in the SDL support but did not find a good answer for my 2 questions. Maybe someone can help.

Software: SDL Trados 2009

1. Is there a possibility to change the 5 languages which where configured during installation without deinstallation and a new installation? I want to remove one of the configured languages and add another one.

2. In Deja Vu there is a function to export segments as 2 column tables (e.g. EN - DE). If you have for example a user manual in MS Word you can export it via Deja Vu as a two column table and translate it external without repetitions and afterwards you can import it again. In other words you can translate it without the CAT tool and don't have to translate the repetitions - Deja Vu is adding some code / numbering to the lines and so knows how to 'reimport' the final bilingual table.
Now my question, is something like that possible in Trados (SDLX or Workbench)? To export segments as table and leave out reps?

Thanks in advance

with best regards

Heiko Schmieder

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

change 5 default languages | export segments as table

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search