AZTranslations
AZTranslations  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 04:25
German to English
+ ...
Jun 24, 2009

Hello all,

I just upgraded to the new SDL Trados Studio 2009 including MultiTerm 2009. As instructed, I uninstalled MultiTerm 2007 before installing the new MultiTerm. Now I cannot find my MultiTerm files to convert them to work in the new MultiTerm?! Help!! The ones I am pretty sure are the correct mtw.xml files give me an error message whenever i try to open them in MultiTerm 2009. First I get the message that the are an older version of MultiTerm and need to be converted, then it
... See more
Hello all,

I just upgraded to the new SDL Trados Studio 2009 including MultiTerm 2009. As instructed, I uninstalled MultiTerm 2007 before installing the new MultiTerm. Now I cannot find my MultiTerm files to convert them to work in the new MultiTerm?! Help!! The ones I am pretty sure are the correct mtw.xml files give me an error message whenever i try to open them in MultiTerm 2009. First I get the message that the are an older version of MultiTerm and need to be converted, then it says taht there was a problem while opening the file and that I should check whether the file is still available and whether I have the required access rights. I have never put any password or anything on any of my files, so I don't understand what's going on.
Can anyone help me, please? Thank you!!!!
Collapse

AZTranslations
AZTranslations  Identity Verified
Germany
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Jun 24, 2009

I found them! I was looking for the wrong file extension and in the wrong place... sigh. I've always been better at using things than at configuring/installing them.

Again, thank you for help!

Astrid Elke Witte
Astrid Elke Witte  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2002)
German to English
+ ...
Location of Multiterm files Jun 24, 2009

Hello Anke,

Your Multiterm files (termbases) have an .mdb extension. You can search for them via the search box in the bottom left-hand corner of your computer.

Multiterm 2009 should have located them upon installation and put them in the correct folder for you. This folder is to be found at:

Dokumente - SDL - SDL MultiTerm - Termbases

You should find them there. You do not need to convert them; they convert themselves, with a few seconds' wait
... See more
Hello Anke,

Your Multiterm files (termbases) have an .mdb extension. You can search for them via the search box in the bottom left-hand corner of your computer.

Multiterm 2009 should have located them upon installation and put them in the correct folder for you. This folder is to be found at:

Dokumente - SDL - SDL MultiTerm - Termbases

You should find them there. You do not need to convert them; they convert themselves, with a few seconds' wait, upon being opened for the first time.

Try looking in that folder, and you should be able to open them. The message about the access rights just appears when something is not quite right. It does not mean that you need any kind of password, and it will go away when you access them successfully.

Astrid

[Edited at 2009-06-24 11:51 GMT]
Collapse

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
You should have backed them up Jun 24, 2009

before you deinstalled MT 2007.
Please look for a file called MTMaster.mdb in your system (eitehr search or go to C:\documents and setting\all users\application data\sdl international\multiterm\termbases)
Open it - you will find a list of files with numbered names and their "real names" in your system. Locate those files, rename them accordingly and open one by one in Multiterm 2009.
You can't open XML files - those are for import, but before you can import them you need a term
... See more
before you deinstalled MT 2007.
Please look for a file called MTMaster.mdb in your system (eitehr search or go to C:\documents and setting\all users\application data\sdl international\multiterm\termbases)
Open it - you will find a list of files with numbered names and their "real names" in your system. Locate those files, rename them accordingly and open one by one in Multiterm 2009.
You can't open XML files - those are for import, but before you can import them you need a termbase, matching settings in the xml file.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

MultiTerm 2009 error when trying to open termbank

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »