Studio 2009: cannot merge segments in .itd file
Thread poster: hhl

hhl
Local time: 22:54
English to German
Jun 25, 2009

This could be fault or feature, I don't know. Therefore I did not take this as a new point in the "experienced issues" list:

As already experienced with TagEditor 2007 (editing .itd files), now also Studio does not let me merge segments in a pre-translated .itd file (as we receive them through SDL TMS). This is annoying, as segmentation is often "crazy", like after the dot of "U.S." inmidst a sentence or worse.

As a workaround I need to do the same as with SDL 2007 Suite:
First open the file with SDLX (still 2007 version), go through the whole text and "join" all such segments, save the file, close SDLX and only then load the file in Studio Editor.

I.e. I DO NEED the SDLX application for editing .idt files.

What do you think? Is this acceptable, or should SDL take action to resolve this problem?
In the end, if I have the file already open in SDLX, I could just go and use that application for translating (if there was not the TM incompatibility).

Direct link Reply with quote

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 22:54
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Tried adapting the language settings? Jun 25, 2009

Namely the abbreviation list? It may work wonder...
But in fact presegmentation is something I also do not like very much.
However, I did not try to merge segments in ITD files. So I will try to do that next time.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2009: cannot merge segments in .itd file

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search