Trados Freelance 2007 licence apparently not returned - can't access upgrade
Thread poster: ViktoriaG

ViktoriaG  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 22:57
English to French
+ ...
Jun 29, 2009

I am having an annoying problem. This may have been answered already but I couldn't find the answer.

I finally gave in and bought the Trados Studio 2009 upgrade. Now, I am trying to install it but I am having a licence returning problem. In order to install any upgrades available in my SDL account, it seems I need to return my previous licences. I did just that - but the Freelance 2007 licence is still displayed as being in use on the My Account page.

I also tried what a colleague suggested: to further uninstall the software. I did this to no avail. Obviously, since I don't have a maintenance agreement, I can't get help directly.

Can anyone (perhaps SDL Support) tell me what I need to do in order for the return of my Freelance 2007 licence to be acknowledged by SDL's website?

Thanks in advance!

Gillian Searl  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 03:57
Member (2004)
German to English
Contact SDL from this link: Jun 29, 2009

http://talisma.sdl.com/display/2/index.aspx?tab=sf&r=0.5031871

Go through the questions until you submit a request.

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 04:57
English
SDL Support Team... Jun 29, 2009

Hello Viktoria,

As Gillian suggested, if you have returned your activation code but are still unable to complete the upgrade process then a member of the support team will need to look into this for you. Please visit our Solution Finder and follow these steps:

1. Please go to http://talisma.sdl.com/display/2/index.aspx?tab=sf&r=0.8625359
2. Select Licensing Problems from the left-hand navigation pane
3. Select the option "SDL Trados Studio 2009: I have returned my 2007 license but my new 2009 license is still not in my account" and choose “Next”
4. You will see a contact form. Please fill out the form and submit it. Your details will then be sent to the SDL Support portal and a member of the support team will contact you as soon as possible.

I hope this helps.

Many Thanks,

Gareth Powell
SDL Support Team

Edric Barbosa Filho
Local time: 23:57
English to Portuguese
It happened to me: SDL must "reset" your account Jun 29, 2009

ViktoriaG wrote:
... I did just that - but the Freelance 2007 licence is still displayed as being in use on the My Account page.

Happened to me, Viktoria. SDL must reset your account. Do as Gareth said and soon enough you'll receive an e-mail like "It should be OK now". Something with their license management system/database, I guess.

After that everything runs normally.

Cheers

Edric

Canada
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Jun 29, 2009

Thank you, Gillian and Gareth, for the advice. I have filled the form - now, I am just waiting to make contact. Hopefully this goes smoothly.

Gareth, the link you provided leads me to a blank page. You may want to revise it so it can be of benefit to other users looking to fix this issue.

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 04:57
English
Try this... Jun 30, 2009

Hello Viktoria,

Thank you for pointing this out. I have amended the steps:

1. Please go to http://talisma.sdl.com and select "Solution Finder" from the top menu
2. Select Licensing Problems from the left-hand navigation pane
3. Select the option "SDL Trados Studio 2009: I have returned my 2007 license but my new 2009 license is still not in my account" and choose “Next”
4. You will see a contact form. Please fill out the form and submit it. Your details will then be sent to the SDL Support portal and a member of the support team will contact you as soon as possible.

I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Many Thanks,

Gareth Powell
SDL Support Team

Canada
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Problem solved Jun 30, 2009

Thanks to all who have replied. The problem is solved now. I got an e-mail this morning from a certain Helen, who tells me that all my licences have been released. Upon going to the My Account page, I could see all my SDL products, and as Helen says, all licences are released. I just finished installing Suite.

For the record, it took about a day to get Helen's relieving e-mail. I am satisfied with the reasonable delay within which the matter was handled. However, to others who may encounter this problem, it would be wise not to try upgrading if you have to deliver a translation the day after. Off to install Studio now...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados Freelance 2007 licence apparently not returned - can't access upgrade

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running, helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features, ensures new

More info »
WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search