Could not contact activation server (Error code 50003)
Thread poster: Herminia Herrándiz Espuny

Herminia Herrándiz Espuny  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 02:43
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jun 29, 2009

I do not why my Trados 2007 license stopped working yesterday, I have tried to activate my copy online again twice (after uninstalling it, following indications on the "SDL Solution Finder") and I keep getting the same error code:

I need to deliver a translation today and it's driving me nuts, I've contacted SDL support and they have sent me an email saying that I should try Solution finder, which I have already done, and that's it.

Any help will be greatly appreciated

Direct link Reply with quote

Nozomi Kugita  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 20:43
Member (2007)
English to Japanese
+ ...
I've got the same issue - please help me re-activate Trados Jul 23, 2009

I think... I think it was after I made several attempts to install Windows Vista SP2 installation when my Trados 2007 started asking me to enter a license information. I tried to activate the product but the license manager tells me that it could not contact activation server. I too checked the SDL KBs and did what it suggests. But the program still cannot access to the activation server and thus I'm forced to use Trados in demo mode.

If anybody out there knows how to fix this, or any suggestions, I'd appreciate.

B. Services  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 02:43
Member (2007)
English to Italian
+ ...
Problem with AVIRA antivirus Oct 19, 2009

We had to switch our TRADOS licence for one laptop to another one and it was driving us crazy too! You can find the right solution on http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/144656-sdl_trados_studio_2009_activation_fails_sdl_support_not_available.html: there is a compatbility problem with AVIRA antivirus, after shutting up this program you shouldn't experience any more problems in contacting the activation server.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search