Trados 07 error "end tag does not match start tag"
Thread poster: Anna Knight

Anna Knight  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 07:33
French to English
Jun 29, 2009

Hi all,

A recent Trados recrute, I am unable to save the translated file (after all that hard work.....) due to this error message.
Is it because there is an image right at the bottom of the page? Who do I get around this?
Has anyone had a similar experience?

Many thanks in advance for your help and wisdom...

Luisa Ramos, CT  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 10:33
Member (2004)
English to Spanish
Not the first Jun 29, 2009

http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/99130-error_message_in_tag_editor:_end_tag_does_not_have_a_matching_start_tag.html

Last but not the least: read the manuals. I won't get tired of saying it: TRADOS is not a simple, easy application you can learn by pure instinct. It is a complex and complicated application. Read and practice, and only then accept jobs requiring TRADOS.

[Edited at 2009-06-29 17:10 GMT]

Anna Knight  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 07:33
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
Trados 07 "Error while writing breaks" Jun 29, 2009

Thanks Luisa for your wisdom. Believe it or not I've had some initial training, but I will definitely get back into the manual - very sound advice!

So, I just tidied up my tags and tried to resave the translated file. Now I am getting this "Error while writing breaks" message. Any further suggestions?

Again, many thanks...

Luisa Ramos, CT  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 10:33
Member (2004)
English to Spanish
Always search the forums Jun 29, 2009

As I said, chances are you will never be "the first":

http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/134858-trados_tag_editor_error:_error_writing_breaks.html

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 07 error "end tag does not match start tag"

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2019
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2019 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2019 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running, helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features, ensures new

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search