Studio 2009: preview -> error
Thread poster: hhl

hhl
Local time: 07:54
English to German
Jun 29, 2009

"Object reference not set to an instance of an object"

This error appears, after launching the preview (for a tiny Word translation) with VIEW > PREVIEW and following the "Click here to generate initial preview" ... and then, whenever the cursor is set into another segment.
Anyone who found the same?

1279 (X)
Local time: 01:54
I have the same problem. Jun 30, 2009

I get the same error message if I open Studio 2009 and click on the "home" view while I am viewing the tutorial. As long as I leave it on the "project" view while I go through the tutorial, it seems to be fine. So far I think I can still work with the program despite this glitch. However, I really hate error messages that don't make any sense to a lay user. What in the heck is it supposed to mean?

Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 07:54
English to Czech
+ ...
.NET? Jun 30, 2009

Hi all,
I suppose this is related to .NET, the environment which is required for SDLT09 to run. While .NET 1.0, 1.1 and 2.0 were more or less stable, .NET 3.0 and 3.5 are far from that.
Restart Studio: that's the only way out of it. And greetings with a thousand thank-yous to Bill Gates and his wonderful team!!!

[Upraveno: 2009-06-30 16:38 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2009: preview -> error

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2019
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2019 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2019 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search