Problem opening MultiTerm 2009 database in Word 2003
Thread poster: Iris Réthy

Iris Réthy
Netherlands
Local time: 22:41
Dutch to German
+ ...
Jul 2, 2009

I use Windows XP and have installed Trados 2007 and Trados 2009. I have installed MultiTerm 2009 too. Now I tried to open my central MultiTerm database via Word (in the hope that it works faster than the MultiTerm interface itself).

I work on a standalone computer.

If the database is marked in the "Open Termbases" window and I press "OK" the error message "SDL MultiTerm was unable to connect to your termbases. Verify that the files still exist, are valid termbases and you have permission to access them." is displayed.

The termbase is converted to the MultiTerm 2009 format and is in the
C:\Documents and Settings\Iris\Mijn documenten\SDL\SDL MultiTerm\Termbases
folder.

I tried the steps suggested in a similar topic to delete the file
C:\Documents and Settings\Iris\Application Data\Trados\MultiTerm\MultiTerm8dot.xml
and to replace
C:\Documents and Settings\Iris\Application Data\Microsoft\Word\STARTUP\MultiTerm8.dot
with the original template from
C:\Program Files\SDL\SDL MultiTerm\MultiTerm8\Templates\MultiTerm8.dot
but it didn't help.

Many thanks in advance for any helpful suggestions!

Jan Szelepcsenyi, PhD  Identity Verified
Slovakia
German to Slovak
+ ...
Any solution? Jan 10, 2010

Hi, Iris,

I have the same problem and have not been able to solve it. Did you find any solution?

Thanks,
Jan

Iris Réthy
Netherlands
Dutch to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
No Jan 14, 2010

Hello Jan,
I am sorry to say I went back to Trados 8.2. (SDL Trados 2007) and am happily using this older version again...

Take care,
Iris

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problem opening MultiTerm 2009 database in Word 2003

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search