Cannot open SDL Trados FL2007 and Studio 2009
Thread poster: Marie-Claude Marcoux
Marie-Claude Marcoux  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 10:28
English to French
Jul 5, 2009

Hi,
Last week, I've downloaded and installed properly the new version of SDL Trados Suite FL 2007, Passolo 2007, SDL MultiTerm 2009 and SDL Trados Studio 2009 in that order, and I activated their activation codes (it is not an upgrade).
Before opening Translator's Workbench, I clicked on Register SDL Trados 2007, but Workbench doesn't open. I get the message: Translator's Workbench cannot be open, please send a message to Microsoft. (I get the same message when opening Studio 2009)
What is the relevance of Microsoft in this case? I also upgraded MS Explorer v7 to v8, could it be the cause?
Can someone help me?
Thank you in advance
(I use Windows XP 2002 SP3 and Word 2007)

Direct link Reply with quote

Ulf Norlinger  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 16:28
English to Swedish
+ ...
Conflicting access to MS SQL Server Jul 6, 2009

Have you tested to ONLY install SDL Trados FL2007. Both versions use instances of MS SQL Server Database to store the TM, etc.

Maybe there are different prerequisites with regard to the server.

[Redigerad 2009-07-06 00:35 GMT]

Giuliana Buscaglione  Identity Verified
Austria
Local time: 16:28
Member (2001)
German to Italian
+ ...
IE 8.0 (??) Jul 6, 2009

Hello Marie-Claude,

I did the same in the very same order, only difference: operating sys (Vista) and no IE 8.0 upgrade, as I had read (please see past threads in this forum) that some colleagues had experienced problems with the newest Internet Explorer version.

I don't know if this is it, but I have no problem at all with the opening of Suite & Studio (I had kept my IE 7.0).

Giuliana

[Edited at 2009-07-06 04:28 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Cannot open SDL Trados FL2007 and Studio 2009

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search