International Translation Day 2017

Join ProZ.com/TV for a FREE event on September 26-27th celebrating International Translation Day! 50+ hours of content, Chat, Live Q&A & more. Join 1,000's of linguists from around the globe as ProZ.com/TV celebrates International Translation Day.

Click for Full Participation

New SDL Trados Studio 2009 Update Available...
Thread poster: SDL Community

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 15:26
English
Jul 7, 2009

Hi all,

We have released a new cumulative update for SDL Trados Studio 2009. For more information, please read the following article from our knowledge base:

http://talisma.sdl.com/article.aspx?article=2754&p=1

Please note that this article replaces the previous SDL Trados Studio 2009 hotfix article (#2718) and contains links to four KB articles with details on the individual hotfixes.

I hope this helps.

Many Thanks,

Gareth Powell
SDL Support Team

Direct link Reply with quote

julienwp
France
English to French
Thanks! Jul 7, 2009

SDL Support wrote:

Hi all,

We have released a new cumulative update for SDL Trados Studio 2009. For more information, please read the following article from our knowledge base:

http://talisma.sdl.com/article.aspx?article=2754&p=1

Please note that this article replaces the previous SDL Trados Studio 2009 hotfix article (#2718) and contains links to four KB articles with details on the individual hotfixes.

I hope this helps.

Many Thanks,

Gareth Powell
SDL Support Team

Great news! Thanks Gareth!

I Hope this hotfix will make me forget all this time I spent deleting duplicate entries from my TMs (previous patch didn't help at all).

julienwp
France
English to French
Bad news... Jul 7, 2009

Gareth,

I know I might look pernickety about this duplicate problem, but...

...I've just (re)tested this scenario:

1. Translate and confirm a segment
2. Go back to this segment and add a space at the end, then confirm
3. Go back again to the same segment and add a word after the space added in step #2

Duplicate, duplicate, duplicate and duplicate

I know this is a stupid scenario. But it shows there is still something wrong with the TM update routine.

Regards.

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
@Julien P. Jul 7, 2009

Are you absolutely certain you are using the release version of Studio? This would have the SDLTradosStudio.exe dated by May 29th, 2009.
Are you sure the patch has been applied properly? Do the dlls mentioned in the patch show the new version?
Why I'm asking? Because in my case the duplicate problem is really gone.

julienwp
France
English to French
Yes indeed Jul 7, 2009

Jerzy Czopik wrote:

Are you absolutely certain you are using the release version of Studio? This would have the SDLTradosStudio.exe dated by May 29th, 2009.
Are you sure the patch has been applied properly? Do the dlls mentioned in the patch show the new version?
Why I'm asking? Because in my case the duplicate problem is really gone.

Dear Jerzy,

Studio is in release version (not RC) and files were patched properly.

Did you try the scenario described in my second message?

Astrid Elke Witte  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2002)
German to English
+ ...
Where do we get the hotfix? Jul 7, 2009

I have already previously tried searching the site for it without success.

This link only leads to an article, and that article does not contain a link to the hotfix. It says the hotfix is to be obtained in the "attachments area" to the article, whatever may be meant by that. I could see no "attachments area", but only a set of menu tabs at the top, and the nearest one that fits the description "attachments area" is called "download". However, the hotfix is not to be found by clicking on the "download" link.

Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Tested your version Jul 7, 2009

Segment 24 confirmed:

Back to confirmed segment, changed (of course confirmed afterwards):

Back again to the previously changed and confirmed segments, changed again:

Segment confirmed, moved to a very different segment in document:

Back to previously modified segment:

So for such changes everything is fine.
However, if you change a space for a non-breaking-space and confirm, come back again, change the NBS to regular space, confirm and come back, you will indeed get duplicate entry - one with NBS and one without. Any ideas, Gareth?

[Edited at 2009-07-07 18:52 GMT]

Mindaugas Kiaupas  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:26
Member (2006)
English to Lithuanian
+ ...
where is it? here it is :) Jul 7, 2009

Astrid Elke Johnson wrote:

I have already previously tried searching the site for it without success.

Explore well the right side - you should see the word Attachments and just click a zip file below this word.

Hope this helps,
Mindaugas

[Edited at 2009-07-07 19:40 GMT]

Claudia Alvis  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 08:26
Spanish
+ ...
Thanks Jul 8, 2009

Thanks Gareth.

Julien, I followed your steps and I didn't get the duplicates either. Maybe there's something going on with your settings. A few days ago, I had a strange problem with some segments that couldn't be added to the TM more than once, and resetting my settings got rid of the problem. I did lose ALL my settings so be careful.

Link: Resetting Studio settings

julienwp
France
English to French
A lot better... Jul 8, 2009

Claudia Alvis wrote:

Thanks Gareth.

Julien, I followed your steps and I didn't get the duplicates either. Maybe there's something going on with your settings. A few days ago, I had a strange problem with some segments that couldn't be added to the TM more than once, and resetting my settings got rid of the problem. I did lose ALL my settings so be careful.

Link: Resetting Studio settings

Thanks Claudia. I'll give it a try. Weird thing is I can't reproduce the NBSP problem described by Jerzy. I guess we all have different problems

The good thing is this duplicate problem seems to be gone now (except for the scenario I described earlier). Studio is a lot better now! Thanks!

Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Non braaking space Jul 8, 2009

is pain in the a... for most (if not all) CAT tools I know (AFAIR only Transit seems to keep it).
NBSP is my personal hobby-horse, as I do insert it always between the number and the unit. In this very case in segment 22 there is a number and an unit. For the first test I did insert the NBSP, confirmed the segment, got there back, found it to be a ContextMatch, then changed the NBSP to a normal space, went to segment 64, got back and found then a duplicate match. But this in fact after having played with this segment more than once. When I work now and make some corrections in previously translated segments, no duplicate entries apply. However, I must still check, if reworking a ContextMatch does not produce a duplicate entry, when changes are only regarding spaces.

julienwp
France
English to French
Same for me Jul 8, 2009

Jerzy Czopik wrote:

is pain in the a... for most (if not all) CAT tools I know (AFAIR only Transit seems to keep it).
NBSP is my personal hobby-horse, as I do insert it always between the number and the unit. In this very case in segment 22 there is a number and an unit. For the first test I did insert the NBSP, confirmed the segment, got there back, found it to be a ContextMatch, then changed the NBSP to a normal space, went to segment 64, got back and found then a duplicate match. But this in fact after having played with this segment more than once. When I work now and make some corrections in previously translated segments, no duplicate entries apply. However, I must still check, if reworking a ContextMatch does not produce a duplicate entry, when changes are only regarding spaces.

Jerzy,

Just noticed the same happens on my computer. I also use NBSP quite a lot. Come on SDL! This is a major bug!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

New SDL Trados Studio 2009 Update Available...

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search