How to insert german quotation marks in Studio?
Thread poster: Leena vom Hofe
Leena vom Hofe
Leena vom Hofe  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 00:52
English to German
+ ...
Jul 8, 2009

Hello everybody

I have purchased the upgrade to Studio and now have started a new project. So far I like the design and layout of the editor.

But I haven't found a clue about how to insert german quotation marks into the translation. I always get the english ones.

In TagEd (Trados Freelance 7) I was used to STRG + 8, but this doesn't work in Studio. Neither have I found any other button or tag
... See more
Hello everybody

I have purchased the upgrade to Studio and now have started a new project. So far I like the design and layout of the editor.

But I haven't found a clue about how to insert german quotation marks into the translation. I always get the english ones.

In TagEd (Trados Freelance 7) I was used to STRG + 8, but this doesn't work in Studio. Neither have I found any other button or tag I can insert.

Tags as etc. are missing as well in the segments (I can insert bold letters via the toolbar I know).

Can anybody help me?

Thank you and a nice day to you.

Leena
Collapse

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
QuickInsert tool bar Jul 8, 2009

Use the QuickInsert toolbar - it is format dependent, but can be very well customized.
For Word the necessary setting is already included and can be used with CTRL+7

Leena vom Hofe
Leena vom Hofe  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Jul 8, 2009

Thank you Jerzy

I have cutomised the Quick Insert toolbar.

Great!

Have a nice day.

Leena

Viktoria Gimbe
Viktoria Gimbe  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 18:52
English to French
+ ...
Off topic - I think you should really start invoicing Jul 9, 2009

Jerzy Czopik wrote:

Use the QuickInsert toolbar - it is format dependent, but can be very well customized.
For Word the necessary setting is already included and can be used with CTRL+7

Jerzy, I really think you should start invoicing for all your support work on this site. There is no manual for this product, and I think as long as there are kindhearted people like you willing to spend a lot of time helping out, SDL will not really need to produce a manual. Maybe if you charged them about as much as it would cost them to produce a manual, they would finally invest in a manual, as they used to up to recently. How about it?

Luisa Ramos, CT
Luisa Ramos, CT  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 18:52
English to Spanish
Hear! Hear! Jul 9, 2009

ViktoriaG wrote:

Jerzy, I really think you should start invoicing for all your support work on this site...

He also does it one on one!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to insert german quotation marks in Studio?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »