https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/139612-error_50104_problem_with_cleaning_and_analyzing.html

Error 50104 - Problem with cleaning and analyzing.
Thread poster: Rajan Chopra
Rajan Chopra
Rajan Chopra
India
Local time: 03:59
Member (2008)
English to Hindi
+ ...
Jul 8, 2009

Hello,

I am a new user of Trados (Version 7.0, Windows XP and MS Office 2003. I am facing a problem. As and when I want to clean or analyze a file, the following message is shown in the Workbench:

Error [50104] Folder does not exist, was moved or renamed [D:\(path)]

I am unable to clean and analyze any file. Could you please tell me the reason and how to fix the problem?

Thanks in anticipation.

Regards,

Chopra

Cheng Peng
Cheng Peng  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 06:29
English to Chinese
+ ...
specify an existing folder to include a log file Jul 8, 2009

the errormsg may indicate the log path doesn't exsit. In your case, try changing the D:\(path) to an existing path. Click Log file button, select Browse, and locate an existing log file (*.log); or type a valid fullpath in the field next to the Log file button. That may work.

Rajan Chopra
Rajan Chopra
India
Member (2008)
English to Hindi
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks so much. Jul 8, 2009

I am thankful to you for the help and guidance. Since I am a novice and not an expert, I'd appreciate if you could explain it in a detailed, simple and step by step manner. I am sorry if you find it irritating or annoying.

Regards,

Chopra

Cheng Peng wrote:

the errormsg may indicate the log path doesn't exsit. In your case, try changing the D:\(path) to an existing path. Click Log file button, select Browse, and locate an existing log file (*.log); or type a valid fullpath in the field next to the Log file button. That may work.

Cheng Peng
Cheng Peng  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 06:29
English to Chinese
+ ...
simple step-by-step Jul 9, 2009

1 In Windows, create a folder to hold log files, for example, C:\tradosLogs\

2 Open Trados Workbench, Click [Tools]-> [Analyse] to open [Analyse files] dialog box. Type C:\tradosLogs\myLog.log in the field next to [Log File] button.

3 Click [Analyse] button.

Do the same for [Clean up].

Marijke Singer
Marijke Singer  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 00:29
Dutch to English
+ ...
How to proceed Jul 9, 2009

In the Workbench select Tools, Analyse, Log File, Browse
Select a folder to keep the log file, give it a name (i.e. Log 1) and click Save.

Now you will be able to analyse and the information about word counts will be saved to the log file you just created. The same method applies when you Translate in Trados.

Rajan Chopra
Rajan Chopra
India
Member (2008)
English to Hindi
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks a lot! Jul 9, 2009

I am indebted to you for the expert advice. The problem stands solved and now I can clean and analyze.

Regards,

Chopra

Cheng Peng wrote:

1 In Windows, create a folder to hold log files, for example, C:\tradosLogs\

2 Open Trados Workbench, Click [Tools]-> [Analyse] to open [Analyse files] dialog box. Type C:\tradosLogs\myLog.log in the field next to [Log File] button.

3 Click [Analyse] button.

Do the same for [Clean up].

Rajan Chopra
Rajan Chopra
India
Member (2008)
English to Hindi
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks so much for your detailed reply. Jul 9, 2009

I am thankful to you for explaining the procedure for solving this problem.

Regards,

Chopra

Marijke Singer wrote:

In the Workbench select Tools, Analyse, Log File, Browse
Select a folder to keep the log file, give it a name (i.e. Log 1) and click Save.

Now you will be able to analyse and the information about word counts will be saved to the log file you just created. The same method applies when you Translate in Trados.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error 50104 - Problem with cleaning and analyzing.

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »