Multiterm 2009 and Windows 7 problem
Thread poster: Alexandros Mouratidis

Alexandros Mouratidis  Identity Verified
Local time: 23:15
Member (2002)
English to Greek
+ ...
Jul 8, 2009

Although Studio 2009 works fine in Windows 7, I cannot get Multiterm to launch. I am getting the following error:

Un unexpected error has occurred while loading the global plug-in services.

System.BadImageFormatException, mscorlib, Version=, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
Sdl.Core.Licensing, Version=, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=c28cdb26c445c888
WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF. To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1. Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging. To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

at Sdl.Desktop.Platform.Implementation.Services.LicensingService..ctor() at Sdl.Desktop.Platform.Implementation.Services.GlobalServiceContext.RegisterStandardServices() at Sdl.Desktop.Platform.Services.GlobalServices.get_Context() at Sdl.Desktop.Platform.Implementation.Studio.RegisterGlobalPluginServices()

SDL MultiTerm
Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate
4193396 MB

Anyone have any idea on a workaround or a solution?

Direct link Reply with quote

Edric Barbosa Filho
Local time: 18:15
English to Portuguese
Mterm 2009 on Windows 7 64-bit problem solved Jul 8, 2009

I couldn't launch MTerm 2009 on my Windows 7 64-bit RC and asked some help from SDL, despite knowing the product is not supported on 64-bit OSs AND my environment was a mere post-Beta.

SDL Support sent me a file to replace another one in the installation folder of MTerm, but warned that it was a temporary fix not being submitted to QA yet, sent to me just to see if it worked somehow. It didn't work on my Win7 RC release, but worked perfectly on a later "leak" (build 7264)....

They said it was something with the 64-bit environment, and that might not be you case.

Anyway, contact SDL Support and ask for help on that...

Best regards

[Edited at 2009-07-08 21:55 GMT]

William Burke  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:15
German to English
any chance... Sep 26, 2009

you could send me that file? Without the Premium la la la service, I can´t find any way to download it. Many thanks!!!

Oh yes, my email:

German to Spanish
+ ...
Same problem Apr 4, 2011

Hello, hola!

I am from Argentina and lI live in Germany. I'm affraid, Ihave the same problem and would be sooo thankfull if you send me the file too.

Muito obrigado, muchos saludos

Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
French to German
+ ...
You don't need this patch anymore Apr 4, 2011

gracieli wrote:

Hello, hola!

I am from Argentina and lI live in Germany. I'm affraid, Ihave the same problem and would be sooo thankfull if you send me the file too.

Muito obrigado, muchos saludos

If you look at the date of the last post, you will notice that it dates back to almost one and a half year! In the meantime, this problem does not exist anymore. Simply install the latest release of Multiterm (SP 4) and everything will run fine.

Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member because it was not in line with site rule

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Multiterm 2009 and Windows 7 problem

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

• All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search