Error 1335: The cabinet file "Data1.cab" requiered for this instalation is corrupt and cannot be use
Thread poster: Diegoman

Diegoman  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 05:04
Italian to Spanish
+ ...
Jul 9, 2009

Hi, I'm trying to reinstall Trados 8 because a Trojan virus corrupted it, but I get this error:
1335. The cabinet file "Data1.cab" requiered for this instalation is corrupt and cannot be used. This could indicate a network error, an error reading from the CD-ROM, or a problem with this package.

Does anyone know a solution?
Thanks a lot
Diego

Direct link Reply with quote

tectranslate ITS GmbH
German
+ ...
Yes Jul 9, 2009

Just re-download the installation files from your SDL customer center.

HTH,

Benjamin

Diegoman  Identity Verified
Spain
Italian to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
still that error Jul 9, 2009

Thanks, Benjamin, but I did so. I asked for a new installation file, but I get the same error
Maybe I have to format C: because the Trojan horse played havoc on my PC.
BR

tectranslate ITS GmbH
German
+ ...
Reinstall Jul 9, 2009

When you have a virus or other malware on your PC, it is sometimes best to just format your hard drives and reinstall everything from scratch.

Keep in mind that if you format only one disk and leave the others, traces of the virus could remain and reinfection might ensue.

HTH,

Benjamin

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error 1335: The cabinet file "Data1.cab" requiered for this instalation is corrupt and cannot be use

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search