Trados Studio 2009 - problem importing .tmx TMs created in Wordfast version 5.53q
Thread poster: Caroline Lakey
Caroline Lakey
Caroline Lakey  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 04:57
French to English
Jul 9, 2009

Hi,

I've been using the demo version of Wordfast (5.53q), and am now moving over to Trados Studio 2009 (or trying to!).
I'm trying to transfer a wordfast TM (710 units, so probably tiny by anyone else's standards) into Trados Studio 2009, using the update translation memories wizard and the instructions in part 6 of the 2009 Migration guide.
Everything appears to work fine, the process functions and says 710/710 imported, but when I open the TM in Trados there are only
... See more
Hi,

I've been using the demo version of Wordfast (5.53q), and am now moving over to Trados Studio 2009 (or trying to!).
I'm trying to transfer a wordfast TM (710 units, so probably tiny by anyone else's standards) into Trados Studio 2009, using the update translation memories wizard and the instructions in part 6 of the 2009 Migration guide.
Everything appears to work fine, the process functions and says 710/710 imported, but when I open the TM in Trados there are only 50 units.
I wondered whether this was just the way Trados displayed TMs, but a quick experiment translating a document confirms that no, unfortunately only a part of the TM is there. (I used the TM manager in WordFast to convert the TM into .tmx format, and when I open the .tmx version via Word it appears to be complete, so the problem is definitely between the .tmx version and the Trados Studio version, not in the WF conversion.)

All suggestions gratefully received!

Many thanks,

Caroline
Collapse

Caroline Lakey
Caroline Lakey  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 04:57
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
Problem solved, thanks to incredibly quick response from SDL Jul 9, 2009

Problem solved via info sent by SDL - the TM was there, but I didn't realize it was possible to turn the page (yes, I do feel stupid now!).

For info, it is preferable apparently to import a TMX into an empty Trados Studio TM rather than upgrading it.

I have to say, after all I had heard about SDL's allegedly appalling customer service, this is the second time I have been extremely impressed with a very quick response to a question on this forum.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados Studio 2009 - problem importing .tmx TMs created in Wordfast version 5.53q

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »