Trados toolbar in MS Word 2003 has disappeared.
Thread poster: Rajan Chopra
Rajan Chopra
Rajan Chopra
India
Local time: 13:54
Member (2008)
English to Hindi
+ ...
Jul 9, 2009

Hello experts,

I am a novice and have Trados 7.0 and Win XP & MS Office 2003. Surprisingly,
the Trados toolbar in MS Word has disappeared. Earlier, there used to be a
button in the toolbar and as and when I used to press that button, the
Trados toolbar used to become visible but this time even that button
has also disappeared. By Trados toolbar, I mean the buttons relating to Open/Restore Source/Open
Get/Set Close etc, which are shown separately in the
... See more
Hello experts,

I am a novice and have Trados 7.0 and Win XP & MS Office 2003. Surprisingly,
the Trados toolbar in MS Word has disappeared. Earlier, there used to be a
button in the toolbar and as and when I used to press that button, the
Trados toolbar used to become visible but this time even that button
has also disappeared. By Trados toolbar, I mean the buttons relating to Open/Restore Source/Open
Get/Set Close etc, which are shown separately in the Word toolbar. In addition to it, the "Trados Menu" which was earlier on top, is also missing.

I forgot to mention that these buttons are visible in TagEditor but not in Word.

Could you please inform me how to fix this problem?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Chopra

[Edited at 2009-07-09 15:50 GMT]
Collapse

Luisa Ramos, CT
Luisa Ramos, CT  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 04:24
English to Spanish
I suggest you search the forum Jul 9, 2009

You are a novice but the forums are already veterans. There is an answer in them for almost any situation, and this one in particular has been asked and answered dozens of time. I suggest you search the TRADOS forum.

Stanislav Pokorny
Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 10:24
English to Czech
+ ...
Really a novice? Jul 10, 2009

Hi Chopra,
first of all, I suggest that you have at least a quick glimpse at the manual. That's always a good starting point.
And also, I wouldn't call you exactly a novice, since you've been presenting yourself as one since months. So, instead of writing "I'm a novice" you should use the wording "I'm too reluctant to go through the manual".
Sorry if this sounds a little harsh, but these are exactly my feelings.

Rajan Chopra
Rajan Chopra
India
Member (2008)
English to Hindi
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Yes, you are right. Jul 11, 2009

I should have searched the fourms before posting here. I'll do so in future.

Regards,

Chopra

Luisa Ramos wrote:

You are a novice but the forums are already veterans. There is an answer in them for almost any situation, and this one in particular has been asked and answered dozens of time. I suggest you search the TRADOS forum.

Rajan Chopra
Rajan Chopra
India
Member (2008)
English to Hindi
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Please mind your language. Jul 11, 2009

Hi Stanislav,

I thank you for your suggestion that I should refer to the manual. Could you give me the link from where I can download the Trados Manual.

I would request you to mind your language, especially "instead of writing "I'm a novice" you should use the wording "I'm too reluctant to go through the manual".

Nobody is forcing you to reply. You seem to be an expert and that is why these things appear very simple to you but when you were at the initial
... See more
Hi Stanislav,

I thank you for your suggestion that I should refer to the manual. Could you give me the link from where I can download the Trados Manual.

I would request you to mind your language, especially "instead of writing "I'm a novice" you should use the wording "I'm too reluctant to go through the manual".

Nobody is forcing you to reply. You seem to be an expert and that is why these things appear very simple to you but when you were at the initial stage of using it, you might also have faced these difficulties.

By the way, the problem was solved. One of the persons suggested me that I should do the following:

Go to Tools
Select here Templates and Add-ins
Here you will find an option Trdos7.dot
Click on the checkbox.

It was just a one minute drill but I lost a big project as I was unable to access the Trados toolbar and that is why, I was desperate to learn about it.

Regards,

Chopra

Stanislav Pokorny wrote:

Hi Chopra,
first of all, I suggest that you have at least a quick glimpse at the manual. That's always a good starting point.
And also, I wouldn't call you exactly a novice, since you've been presenting yourself as one since months. So, instead of writing "I'm a novice" you should use the wording "I'm too reluctant to go through the manual".
Sorry if this sounds a little harsh, but these are exactly my feelings.
Collapse

Stanislav Pokorny
Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 10:24
English to Czech
+ ...
Documentation Jul 11, 2009

Hi Chopra,
in fact, my post included also instructions on how to display Trados toolbars; not my fault they were not saved.

You will find Trados documentation in your Trados_installation_folder/doc (they are all PDFs); alternatively you can use the help that's part of every Trados application.

I see no reason for minding my language though, since you are not a novice anymore.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados toolbar in MS Word 2003 has disappeared.

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »