Error: key not found, parameter name: key
Thread poster: 1279 (X)

1279 (X)
Local time: 08:08
Jul 10, 2009

So I've used Wordfast for years, but am currently translating my first project with Trados 2009. I chose a small, basic Word document for simplicity's sake. I created and opened a TM to use, but as I was translating, the TM did not update itself. It also showed no progress on the translation, even though I believe I was moving between segments per the tutorial instructions (using a down arrow or clicking in the next segment). Anyway, I started to get annoyed that I was re-typing what should have shown up as a 100% match, and tried to update the translation memory (again, per info in the tutorial). When I did that, it said "Error, Key not found, Parameter name: key." It also shut my translation and now shows the same error when I try to re-open the file. The TM still appears to include 0 units.

If anyone has any info on any of these issues, I would appreciate your comments. The TM is supposed to update as you translate, right? The arrow key is the best way to move between segments, right? Can anyone think of a way to recover my translation? I will probably cut my losses (a few hours of work) and translate this file outside of Trados, but I want to eventually get this to work! Thanks for your input.


 

Daniela Mochny
Brazil
Local time: 10:08
English to Portuguese
+ ...
SDL Trados 2009 - Same Error Message May 5, 2011

Hi,
I started a new project with SDL Trados Studio 2009 with new TM. While trying to open the ttx file (which I had to convert to ttx because it did not open in its original htm format), I get the same error message: Error, Key not found, Parameter name: key.
Does anyone know how to fix it and open the file for translation?
My best wishes,
Daniela


 

Bodil Bergh  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 14:08
Member (2011)
English to Swedish
+ ...
Error: key not found, parameter name: key Jul 20, 2015

Received the same error message today in Studio 2014, that I've been using on a quite regular basis for more than a year now.

It started when I had opened an ordinary docx file for translation and wanted to add a TM. Cannot the recall the error message I received then, but tried to solving it by opening a quite new project only to encounter the same problem again. Finally, I choose to make a 3rd project without adding any TM at all and then I was successful in translating and finalizing the whole file.

However, when now trying to open the file again, I receive the following message:

Key not found: 'ce4e3e0d-4cee-4517-a8d1-a7054a976a5d' Parameternamn (Sic!): Key'

(the code differs for all of the 3 projects, otherwise receive the same message. And in all cases, I end up in a completely different file.

Feeling a bit frustrated and would like to know what to do to prevent it from happening again. (This time I managed to finalize thanks to Studio 2011 installed on another's laptop)


 


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:


You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error: key not found, parameter name: key

Advanced search







BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »



Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search