Error: key not found, parameter name: key
Thread poster: xxx1279

xxx1279
Local time: 09:26
Jul 10, 2009

So I've used Wordfast for years, but am currently translating my first project with Trados 2009. I chose a small, basic Word document for simplicity's sake. I created and opened a TM to use, but as I was translating, the TM did not update itself. It also showed no progress on the translation, even though I believe I was moving between segments per the tutorial instructions (using a down arrow or clicking in the next segment). Anyway, I started to get annoyed that I was re-typing what should have shown up as a 100% match, and tried to update the translation memory (again, per info in the tutorial). When I did that, it said "Error, Key not found, Parameter name: key." It also shut my translation and now shows the same error when I try to re-open the file. The TM still appears to include 0 units.

If anyone has any info on any of these issues, I would appreciate your comments. The TM is supposed to update as you translate, right? The arrow key is the best way to move between segments, right? Can anyone think of a way to recover my translation? I will probably cut my losses (a few hours of work) and translate this file outside of Trados, but I want to eventually get this to work! Thanks for your input.

Direct link Reply with quote

Daniela Mochny
Local time: 10:26
English to Portuguese
+ ...
SDL Trados 2009 - Same Error Message May 5, 2011

Hi,
I started a new project with SDL Trados Studio 2009 with new TM. While trying to open the ttx file (which I had to convert to ttx because it did not open in its original htm format), I get the same error message: Error, Key not found, Parameter name: key.
Does anyone know how to fix it and open the file for translation?
My best wishes,
Daniela

Bodil Bergh  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 15:26
Member (2011)
English to Swedish
+ ...
Error: key not found, parameter name: key Jul 20, 2015

Received the same error message today in Studio 2014, that I've been using on a quite regular basis for more than a year now.

It started when I had opened an ordinary docx file for translation and wanted to add a TM. Cannot the recall the error message I received then, but tried to solving it by opening a quite new project only to encounter the same problem again. Finally, I choose to make a 3rd project without adding any TM at all and then I was successful in translating and finalizing the whole file.

However, when now trying to open the file again, I receive the following message:

Key not found: 'ce4e3e0d-4cee-4517-a8d1-a7054a976a5d' Parameternamn (Sic!): Key'

(the code differs for all of the 3 projects, otherwise receive the same message. And in all cases, I end up in a completely different file.

Feeling a bit frustrated and would like to know what to do to prevent it from happening again. (This time I managed to finalize thanks to Studio 2011 installed on another's laptop)

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error: key not found, parameter name: key

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search