SDL Suite 2007 says cursor must be in source or target field
Thread poster: ViktoriaG

ViktoriaG  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 15:47
English to French
+ ...
Jul 10, 2009

Having left Studio 2009 alone after complete failure to create a project, I tried translating the same document in Word 2007 using Trados Suite 2007. I just upgraded to Suite from Freelance, as required by SDL to have the privilege to upgrade to Studio. It seems that switching my Freelance licence for a Suite licence was a bad idea - Workbench keeps giving me an error I've never seen while I was using Freelance. At the moment, I can't work with any of my Trados arsenal.

As I try translating the document in Word, when I use the Set - Next / Open - Get command, I get an error message: Cursor must be in source or target field. The same happens when I use the Set - Close command, and again when I use the Close command. My cursor is positively in the target segment (I also tried placing it in the source segment, with the same result). When I use the keyboard shortcut instead of clicking on the icon, I get a VBA runtime error, which leaves me powerless.

This whole upgrade deal is turning into a disaster for me. None of my CAT tools work and I have work to do. Please, help.

Direct link Reply with quote

Daniel Weston  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 12:47
French to English
+ ...
cursor must be in the source or targe field message Jul 10, 2009

Hi, I've had the same problem. While I don't know why it happens, I got around it by switching to "draft" mode. In Word 2007 its "view", then select "draft". It seems to happen when there's a bulleted list.

ViktoriaG  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 15:47
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Jul 11, 2009

Thank you, Daniel!

You are correct--it is bulleted lists in tables that were giving me trouble. The entire document was set up this way, so each segment had the same problem.

I tried your suggestion of using the draft view and it worked like a charm! If I run into other such problems in the future, I will try draft view before anything else. I suspect draft view will be useful to solve other difficulties as well.

Cheers!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Suite 2007 says cursor must be in source or target field

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search