SDL Suite 2007 says cursor must be in source or target field
Thread poster: ViktoriaG

ViktoriaG  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 22:56
English to French
+ ...
Jul 10, 2009

Having left Studio 2009 alone after complete failure to create a project, I tried translating the same document in Word 2007 using Trados Suite 2007. I just upgraded to Suite from Freelance, as required by SDL to have the privilege to upgrade to Studio. It seems that switching my Freelance licence for a Suite licence was a bad idea - Workbench keeps giving me an error I've never seen while I was using Freelance. At the moment, I can't work with any of my Trados arsenal.

As I try translating the document in Word, when I use the Set - Next / Open - Get command, I get an error message: Cursor must be in source or target field. The same happens when I use the Set - Close command, and again when I use the Close command. My cursor is positively in the target segment (I also tried placing it in the source segment, with the same result). When I use the keyboard shortcut instead of clicking on the icon, I get a VBA runtime error, which leaves me powerless.

This whole upgrade deal is turning into a disaster for me. None of my CAT tools work and I have work to do. Please, help.

Direct link Reply with quote

Daniel Weston  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 19:56
French to English
+ ...
cursor must be in the source or targe field message Jul 10, 2009

Hi, I've had the same problem. While I don't know why it happens, I got around it by switching to "draft" mode. In Word 2007 its "view", then select "draft". It seems to happen when there's a bulleted list.

ViktoriaG  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 22:56
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Jul 11, 2009

Thank you, Daniel!

You are correct--it is bulleted lists in tables that were giving me trouble. The entire document was set up this way, so each segment had the same problem.

I tried your suggestion of using the draft view and it worked like a charm! If I run into other such problems in the future, I will try draft view before anything else. I suspect draft view will be useful to solve other difficulties as well.

Cheers!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Suite 2007 says cursor must be in source or target field

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search