Thread poster: Matthias Quaschning-Kirsch

Matthias Quaschning-Kirsch  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 10:14
Member (2006)
Swedish to German
+ ...
Jul 12, 2009

Today, I tried to return a licence for SDL Trados Suite 2007. The process froze, and I had to restart the computer. Now, when opening TW, there is a message in the footer telling me that the TM is too large for the demo mode. However, the licence manager indicates that I have a permanent and valid licence installed, and this is even the information I get when I log in on the SDL website: I am told that one licence is in use, but I cannot return it. Whenever I try, I get the following error message:

"Cannot perform support actions on inactive fulfillment record FID_EED7461_4BD7C9CA281_574A. # 0437-811296 (Error code 50040)"

Any help appreciated...

Best regards
Matthias

Direct link Reply with quote

Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
SDL Support Jul 12, 2009

Hi Matthias,
you are eligible for free support on installation and licensing issues, so you might want to ask directly SDL.

Radu Nicolaescu  Identity Verified
Romania
Local time: 11:14
Member (2006)
German to Romanian
+ ...
return/activate licence Trados Jul 12, 2009

Hello Mat,

What do you want to do exactly?

Why do you need to return the licence for Suite?

Tell me exactly what you need to deactivate and what to activate

to install a Studio upgrade?

It is not the Suite, but the bare Freelancer you have to return, in order to get access to the licence Studio

The Suite and Studio will be activated in parallel

can you activate again the previous Suite?

First of all, when you do such operations you must deactivate any antivirus and firewall: they block the online connection

good luck!

Giuliana Buscaglione  Identity Verified
Austria
Member (2001)
German to Italian
+ ...
not necessarily Jul 13, 2009

Hello Radu,

The Suite and Studio will be activated in parallel

err.. not in my experience. In order to have a fully licensed Suite I had to use one of my activation codes. BTW, as I used codes from different orders, after opening TWB (Studio already running) I was told that only one instance at a time was allowed and my TWB went back to demo mode (network not on, so definitely a local incompatibility/problem). I've returned my Suite license (no problems at all in returning it) and registered using my activation code from the same Studio order and the problem seems to be solved (Still wondering what might happen, if I want to register with my Studio full license instead of my upgraded license)

First of all, when you do such operations you must deactivate any antivirus and firewall: they block the online connection

not necessarily, it might depend on how you set your firewall. I have always registered / de-registered my licenses without having to switch off my FW.

Giuliana

Radu Nicolaescu  Identity Verified
Romania
Local time: 11:14
Member (2006)
German to Romanian
+ ...
activation game Jul 13, 2009

hello Giulianna,

thank you for the remarks

1. The installation of Trados Studio is a three-licences game: Trados 2007 (build 835), Suite (build 863) and Studio 2009.

The SDL Trados Studio 2009 Release Notes recommends:

"Companion Software
SDL Trados 2007: SDL Trados Studio 2009 uses components from SDL Trados 2007 for some key tasks as outlined above under "Notices and Recommendations". For optimum performance, SDL recommends that you install both SDL Trados Studio 2009 and SDL Trados 2007 Suite (Build 863) on the same machine."

2. By the first attempt of a return or activation a good Firewall asks for allowance and learns the answer.

The second attempt is successfully

That happens with any aplication (MS, Adobe, SDL, etc)

Radu

[Edited at 2009-07-14 12:04 GMT]

[Edited at 2009-07-14 12:14 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Unable to return a licence; Trados working in Demo mode

Advanced search

Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search