Thread poster: Caroline Lakey
Caroline Lakey
Caroline Lakey  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 11:44
French to English
Jul 15, 2009

Hi,
I am new to Trados, so please forgive me if I've missed something simple.
When I installed the programme, the language pair US English > German was pre-loaded, and comes up as a default pair every time I open a new document. It says that the Source language is auto-detected, but it's not!
As I only translate in one pair, FR>EN, it would be much easier for me if I could just have FR>EN in my options, because I wouldn't have to set the language pair every time I open a ne
... See more
Hi,
I am new to Trados, so please forgive me if I've missed something simple.
When I installed the programme, the language pair US English > German was pre-loaded, and comes up as a default pair every time I open a new document. It says that the Source language is auto-detected, but it's not!
As I only translate in one pair, FR>EN, it would be much easier for me if I could just have FR>EN in my options, because I wouldn't have to set the language pair every time I open a new document.
I have been into the Tools>options and deleted US English to German, but this doesn't seem to make any difference.
Can anyone advise me as to how to solve this?
Many thanks,
Caroline
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Default language pair in Trados Studio 2009

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »