Thread poster: Vladek (Wladyslaw) Moroz

Vladek (Wladyslaw) Moroz

Local time: 13:50
English to Polish
+ ...
Jul 15, 2009

Hi,

1. I have SDL Trados 2007 Freelance.

2. After another re-installation of my Windows XP I installed Trados.

3. When I'm attempting to activate it on-line, Licence Manager does not find my licence.
Its "Borrow or Return" button is deactivated (gray) and my Trados works (???) only in Demo.

4. When I log into My Account > My Licences on SDL site I can see my licence activation code
and information saying that it is "In Use" but that is all((

Any clues? - but please do not tell me to follow the usual procedures, I know them for years (started with Trados 5.0) and normally they work but not this time...
I also uninstalled my antivirus and disabled my firewall - temporarily - same no go.

Thanks.

Direct link Reply with quote

Giuliana Buscaglione  Identity Verified
Austria
Local time: 13:50
Member (2001)
German to Italian
+ ...
Have you returned it before de-installing the software? Jul 16, 2009

Hi,

hhmm, I am not sure I have understood the problem, as you mention two different things and say you are familiar with this procedure or Trados: the borrow & return is not activated in the FL/Suite version. "Activate online..." has to be clicked in order to activate/return a license.

If your license is shown as in use in your account: b) have you returned your license before de-installing and re-installing the software? If not, your license is shown in use as it is still connected with your previous install (need to contact SDL for this problem)

Giuliana

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Big problem with Licence Manager

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search