Segments skipping translation in Tageditor
Thread poster: Edward LIU

Edward LIU  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:21
Chinese to English
+ ...
Jul 19, 2009

I have encountered a date in a html file that I cannot translate or edit in Trados Tageditor.

I can translate other dates in the file, but I am forced to skip one particular date (1.05.09).

The following is a part of this html file that I opened using Wordpad.

1.05.09 Read the Press Release

Fulton Innovation to unveil new wirelessly powered devices at 2009 CES
12.19.08 Read Article

PC World: Wireless Power Consortium to Unleash Electronic Gadgets
12.10.08 Read the Press Release

Fulton Innovation and Avid Technologies Expand Development of eCoupled Technology

(I noticed that the tag and font information cannot be displayed after I posted this topic on proz.)

I can translate 12.19.08 and 12.10.08 without problem, but I can do nothing to 1.05.09.

When I viewed the complete Tag text in Tageditor, I noticed there is a sign of TU Arrow,which is placed after the date 1.05.09. In comparison, this sign is placed before 12.19.08 and 12.10.08.

I guess this is the reason why I am not allowed to translate 1.05.09. Does anyone know how to move the TU Arrow in the source text in Tageditor? In Chinese, I need to translate this date as the word order in Chinese is different from English.

By the way, my Tageditor version is 8.2.0.835. Thank you.

Direct link Reply with quote

Claudio Porcellana  Identity Verified
Italy
segment skipping Jul 20, 2009

Hi

I found a similar issue today
not sure if it's relevant to the Edward case, but I think it may be useful anyway, so I post it here

in a certain (and luckily sole) untranslated TU, 3 words disappeared just after opening the TU!
I tried to change lock options but no way
I had to "blind" translate these 3 ghost words adding them in the target
clearly, closing that TU, that 3 words re-appeared in the source

Claudio

[Edited at 2009-07-20 00:30 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Segments skipping translation in Tageditor

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search