What do you do to retrieve the (very big) translation when "Save target as..." repeatedly fails?
Thread poster: Astrid Elke Witte

Astrid Elke Witte  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 23:38
Member (2002)
German to English
+ ...
Jul 20, 2009

Good morning,

Can anyone help me here? I have a large document that I have just finished translating and am left without my translation, because "Save target as...." will not work, even after closing down Studio and opening it again.

How can I retrieve my translation?

Is it possible at all, or would it be necessary to start all over again, e.g. in Trados 2007? If so, is there any way at all of getting my hands on the TM for use in Trados Suite 2007? Or is it necessary to simply re-translate it from scratch?

Thanks for any information.

Astrid

Direct link Reply with quote

Stefan de Boeck  Identity Verified
Belgium
Local time: 23:38
English to Dutch
+ ...
use Suite Jul 20, 2009

Astrid Elke Johnson wrote:
... is there any way at all of getting my hands on the TM for use in Trados Suite 2007?

Come on, Astrid: of course there is: simply export the thing and import it into Suite.

(Perhaps have a look at the user id in the export: Studio uses a double one: with me it’s stefandeboeck/saitch: I replace this by a single one, in caps: SAITCH)

Cheer up (and stop using Studio for a bit; it’s been causing you nothing but trouble I’ve noticed)

Claudia Alvis  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 16:38
Spanish
+ ...
Update and use the TMs Jul 20, 2009

Hi Astrid,

You can update your Main TMs (from the Batch) or use the project TMs and retranslate the whole thing with Workbench. You'd need to export the TMs like Stefan said.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

What do you do to retrieve the (very big) translation when "Save target as..." repeatedly fails?

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search