Problem opening old trados translation memory files
Thread poster: davem_591
davem_591
Local time: 20:25
Jul 20, 2009

Hi everyone

I initially had problems both opening old trados memory files and accessing workbench. I have alleviated the latter by reinstalling trados, but I still receive the following error message when trying to open old translation memory files in workbench - (2): Das System kann die angegebene Datei nicht finden [D:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\lensanuser\Desktop\trados files2\vw2.iix]

This means that I constantly have to set up new trados translation memory files each time I open up the workbench. I thought reinstalling trados might have sorted this out too. Is there any way I can fix this problem? I am working with SDL trados 2007 and have windows xp and office 2002.

Thanks in advance,

David

Direct link Reply with quote

Adam Łobatiuk  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 20:25
Member (2009)
English to Polish
+ ...
The error message could be right Jul 20, 2009

A Trados TM consists of 5 files with the same name and different extensions, including .iix. Apparently this file is missing.

Peter Linton  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:25
Member (2002)
Swedish to English
+ ...
Missing file Jul 20, 2009

As Adam says, the file D:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\lensanuser\Desktop\trados files2\vw2.iix is mssing, one of a set of 5 files for a particular translation memory, namely vw2. Probably the only thing you can do is to recreate the vw2 translation memory from your export file or other backup file (you do of course have backups?)

I can reproduce your fault and error message by deleting an iix file from the set of 5, but this does not stop me loading files or creating new ones.

The fact that this file is missing should have no effect whatsoever on other translation memories, so I am very puzzled by your comment that you constantly have to set up new TMs. Could you explain a bit more what is going on and what error messages you getting.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problem opening old trados translation memory files

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search