Trados: SDLX or WORKBENCH? And what about PhraseFinder and the materials packet?
Thread poster: Egil Presttun

Egil Presttun  Identity Verified
Norway
Local time: 18:30
English to Norwegian
Jul 20, 2009

I'm joining a group of 50 people to buy Trados together, so that we will get a serious discount. Then I got an email saying:

---

Also there will be two different options when purchasing
the software - options are for SDLX and Translators
Workbench. The Software is the same product, the
difference in the options allows you to chose which
training and certification exams you wish to take, either
SDLX or WORKBENCH

You may also be presented with opportunities to purchase
discounted additions like PhraseFinder or the materials
packet. You are not obligated to buy any of these
additional products but may do so if you wish.

---

I will use the tools to translate from English to Norwegian. I don't know much about these tools, so any advice is appreciated.

Claudia Alvis  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 11:30
Spanish
+ ...
It's the certification Jul 21, 2009

Hi Egil,

You're asked to choose which certification you will want. The software bundle includes both SDLX and Trados. But you also get an option to declare your expertise in either software with the SDL certification program on SDLX or Trados. Chances are you're going to be using Trados more than SDLX, so I'd choose Trados.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados: SDLX or WORKBENCH? And what about PhraseFinder and the materials packet?

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search