Thread poster: Gillian Searl

Gillian Searl  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 17:15
Member (2004)
German to English
Jul 21, 2009

Hi everybody,
I use Trados every day but this customer has a project in SDLX. I used Studio 2009 but now in the SDLX file there are formatting (tag issues). I am right on the edge of my expertise here - so many CAT tools so little time. Maybe I could fix them in Studio but anyway...
How do I copy and place the tags in SDLX? I know its basic but this project needs delivering...

E.g.
Source:
TAG (nachfolgend "TAG TAG Customer TAG TAG" genannt TAG
Target:
(hereinafter referred to TAG Customer TAG TAG")TAG

Thanks
Gillian

Direct link Reply with quote

Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 19:15
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Restore source Jul 21, 2009

Restore source and carefully insert your translation betw. the tags. Use spaces where you need no text between tags. That's how I do it. I'm no expert.
Regards
Heinrich

Michael Zapuskalov  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 21:15
English to Russian
+ ...
Some questions: Jul 21, 2009

1. *this customer has a project in SDLX* - you mean the source file is already an *.itd file? Or you have to convert it into SDLX-file yourself?

2. *in the SDLX file there are formatting (tag issues)* - who said/wrote it? SDL edit or you think so?

3. *E.g.
Source:
TAG (nachfolgend "TAG TAG Customer TAG TAG" genannt TAG
Target:
(hereinafter referred to TAG Customer TAG TAG")TAG* - You mean you need same tagging as in Word?

Hint: (in SDL edit) View > Tags > Long Tags

Ángel Guillén  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 18:15
English to Spanish
tags in sdlx Jul 21, 2009

in order to include tags in SDLX:

A possible solution is pressing F4 (which will copy the whole source segment in the target segment - with the source text, of course. You will have to type the translation again).

Another simple solution and more efficient one: activate the BRUSH (on the tool bar) and then select the tag/colour you want to copy from the source text (select clicking mouse and selecting the tagged word(s)). Then select the word(s) you want to apply the colour to on the target text and voilá!! Do that with all the tags/colours you have in each segment

Hope it helped!

Angel

Gillian Searl  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 17:15
Member (2004)
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Angel Jul 21, 2009

That's what I needed. The source files are ITDs, which I translated in Studio 2009.
Gillian

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDLX - formatting issues - urgent

Advanced search

Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search