Thread poster: Laurent Slowack

Laurent Slowack  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:15
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Jul 21, 2009

Dear colleagues,

I am not able to register my license of TR 2009 online. Each time opening Trados it asks me for an activation code and the application starts, but the next time it's the same story. I could not find out from the Webinar from beginning July how to solve the issue. Anyone has a similar problem?

I would really like to find out what I am missing.

Many thanks for your follow-up on this one.

Note

Thanks for the help. It put me on the road.

I missed an activation code from Trados 7, once that activated it seems I no longer run in demo.
However, under the license mananger, I find some ts_ etc. files Version 8.0 expiring next month. Is that normal behavior, or is anything else missing?

[Edited at 2009-07-22 07:57 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

Giuliana Buscaglione  Identity Verified
Austria
Local time: 16:15
Member (2001)
German to Italian
+ ...
registering via License manager Jul 22, 2009

Hi Laurent,

I am not sure I understood correctly what you said: you can't meaning that you went thru the whole process, but the registration wasn't successful or you simply skipped the registration (you say that the application starts)?

After seeing the online registration window, did you go thru the process, i.e. register your license entering your activation code (available under "My Licenses" in your account at the SDL Trados website) following all steps in the License Manager?

If you don't do that your running in demo mode and soon it'll expire.

The other way round, license registered, but Studio still in demo: have you checked under "My Licenses" in your SDL Trados account whether the license is shown as "in use 1" & "available ?

Giuliana

Claudia Alvis  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 09:15
Spanish
+ ...
Firewall Jul 22, 2009

The license manager client should have full access to the internet, if you have a firewall, it might be blocking the activation process. Also, the first time I installed Studio, I had to re-start my PC before the Trados and Studio's licenses were activated.

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 16:15
English
SDL Trados Support Team… Jul 22, 2009

Hello Laurent,

You are entitled to free installation and licensing support. We have a very effective solution finder designed to help users fix their problems. We urge you to follow the solution finder step by step and, if your problem is not resolved, you will be given a support form to fill out. The support form will then be sent to our support team, who will get back to you as soon as possible.

To visit the solution finder please follow these instructions:

1. Please visit: https://oos.sdl.com/asp/products/ssl/account/default.asp

2. Login with your username and password

3. Go to "My Support"

4. Select "Licensing and Installation Help"

5. Read the instructions and then select the "Solution finder direct link"

6. Select the "Download and Installation Problems" link in the left hand navigation pane

7. Answer the questions accordingly

Again, you will be given a support form to fill out if you don't find a solution and one of our support engineers will get back to you as soon as possible.

I hope this helps.

Many Thanks,

Gareth Powell
SDL Support Team

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Product Activation no go - Trados Studio 2009

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search