Trados changing original font and accenteds characters when setting the segment.
Thread poster: Dr. Janos Annus

Dr. Janos Annus  Identity Verified
Hungary
Local time: 14:25
Member (2005)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Jul 22, 2009

I have Trados 7 and I am experiencing a problem which I did not have before. The document's original font is Arial, and when I translate the segment and set/close it, it changes the original font to Times New Roman, and also the accented characters ő and ű to õ and û. Could someone please give me some advice what can be wrong and how to solve the problem? Sicce my last use of Trados and Word2003 I have not changed any settings. Could the problem be with the imported TM's settings?
Thank you very much.

Direct link Reply with quote

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Please check styles in Word Jul 22, 2009

and please use the search function for "font changes" - you'll find tens or even hundreds posts on this here in this forum.

Basically, the changes appear always then, when your local formatting does not match the style formatting in Word.

Best regards
Jerzy

Dr. Janos Annus  Identity Verified
Hungary
Member (2005)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Jul 22, 2009

Thak you for the advice. I will do that.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados changing original font and accenteds characters when setting the segment.

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search