SDL Studio 2009 on 64-bit OS: now all features working on 64-bit systems
Thread poster: Edric Barbosa Filho
Edric Barbosa Filho
Local time: 23:09
English to Portuguese
Jul 23, 2009

I would like to share that SDL development team has managed to "iron out" the problems preventing MultiTerm 2009 to work on Vista 64 and Windows 7 64-bit, the only SDL Studio 2009 feature still refusing to work OK on 64-bit Windows systems.

I don't know how long it will take for them to prepare and publish a hotfix at SDL Support (Talisman).

Of course those systems must have all Windows service packs and DotNet updates applied...

Regards

Edric

Direct link Reply with quote

Jaakko Heikkila  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 05:09
Member (2006)
English to Finnish
Thanks Jul 24, 2009

Thanks, Edric.

Been waiting a long time for this.

Jaakko

Lutz Molderings  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 04:09
Member (2007)
German to English
+ ...
confused Jul 26, 2009

Hi Edric

I don't quite understand: You say SDL has managed to iron out the problems preventing MultiTerm 2009 from running on 64bit operating systems, but then you say you don't know when the hotfix will be made available.

Will the currently released version of Multiterm 2009 work on 64bit systems or not?
Thanks for you help.

[Bijgewerkt op 2009-07-26 11:54 GMT]

[Bijgewerkt op 2009-07-26 11:54 GMT]

Edric Barbosa Filho
Local time: 23:09
English to Portuguese
TOPIC STARTER
No reason to be confused... Jul 26, 2009

Lutz Molderings (MSc, BSc) wrote:
I don't quite understand: You say SDL has managed to iron out the problems preventing MultiTerm 2009 from running on 64bit operating systems, but then you say you don't know when the hotfix will be made available.
Will the currently released version of Multiterm 2009 work on 64bit systems or not?
Thanks for you help.

Hi Lutz

First, remember that SDL explicitly declares that there's no support for 64-bit systems at the moment. So, officially, neither Studio nor MTerm is guaranteed to work on 64-bit systems, neither did previous versions. But Freelance 2006 and Freelance 2007 did work, although sometimes you had to fumble with DotNet Framework service packs

Nevertheless, SDL is working on the issues that may prevent the product to work on those systems (XP 64, Vista 64 and Windows 7 64): incidentally, I briefly beta-tested SDL Studio, and indicated what was going wrong on my Vista 64 and Win 7 64 systems, patch after patch I received from them. After some trials, those patched applications finally worked. But they are direct patches, and you have to do some work to apply.

Those patches are not fixes, but a compatibility modification to make Studio and MT2009 work on 64-bit systems. I really don't know when SDL will have that patch ready to be released, since it involves QA and more testing...

Regards

Edric

[Edited at 2009-07-26 15:39 GMT]

Lutz Molderings  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 04:09
Member (2007)
German to English
+ ...
thanks Jul 26, 2009

Thanks for the info Edric.
I see what you mean now.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Studio 2009 on 64-bit OS: now all features working on 64-bit systems

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search