How do you feed your Wordfast txt memory into a new Trados Studio memory?
Thread poster: Luis Medina

Luis Medina  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 13:13
Member (2006)
English to Spanish
Jul 24, 2009

Hello,

I am a new Trados Studio user. I have been using Wordfast for years and I now have a very large Wordfast translatiom memory, a txt file, that I want to feed into my new Trados Studio memory. Nothing seems to work. Does any one know how to do this, or is it simply impossible and I just have to throw away years of translation work?

Any help will be much appreciated.

Luis Medina

Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 21:13
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Export to tmx Jul 24, 2009

Click the TM editor -icon and go to tools, Export to tmx.
tmx is the exchange format for translation memories. I don't know about Studio, but it should be able to import tmx-files.
Regards
Heinrich

Luis Medina  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 13:13
Member (2006)
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
It worked! Jul 25, 2009

Dear Heinrich,

It worked! Thanks a lot. I didn't think it could be done, but it worked. Thanks a million.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How do you feed your Wordfast txt memory into a new Trados Studio memory?

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2019
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2019 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2019 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search