How do you feed your Wordfast txt memory into a new Trados Studio memory?
Thread poster: Luis Medina

Luis Medina  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 07:03
Spanish to English
+ ...
Jul 24, 2009

Hello,

I am a new Trados Studio user. I have been using Wordfast for years and I now have a very large Wordfast translatiom memory, a txt file, that I want to feed into my new Trados Studio memory. Nothing seems to work. Does any one know how to do this, or is it simply impossible and I just have to throw away years of translation work?

Any help will be much appreciated.

Luis Medina

Direct link Reply with quote

Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 15:03
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Export to tmx Jul 24, 2009

Click the TM editor -icon and go to tools, Export to tmx.
tmx is the exchange format for translation memories. I don't know about Studio, but it should be able to import tmx-files.
Regards
Heinrich

Luis Medina  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 07:03
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
It worked! Jul 25, 2009

Dear Heinrich,

It worked! Thanks a lot. I didn't think it could be done, but it worked. Thanks a million.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How do you feed your Wordfast txt memory into a new Trados Studio memory?

Advanced search

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search