SDL ALIGN- SERVER BUSY
Thread poster: Christiane Lalonde
Christiane Lalonde
Christiane Lalonde  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 03:55
English to French
Jul 24, 2009

Sometimes when I am aligning files with SDL Align, a message appears : it is something like "Server busy. Try to switch to the busy program to fix the problem or retry" and then there are 3 buttons displayed, SWICH TO, RETRY, CANCEL. The Cancel button is not active (it's grey), and neither SWITCH TO or RETRY seem to fix the problem. There is no way to leave this window, so the only solution to leave the program is to start the task manager and end the program from there.
Anybody encountere
... See more
Sometimes when I am aligning files with SDL Align, a message appears : it is something like "Server busy. Try to switch to the busy program to fix the problem or retry" and then there are 3 buttons displayed, SWICH TO, RETRY, CANCEL. The Cancel button is not active (it's grey), and neither SWITCH TO or RETRY seem to fix the problem. There is no way to leave this window, so the only solution to leave the program is to start the task manager and end the program from there.
Anybody encountered this situation?
Collapse

franb
franb  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 03:55
English to French
Same problem + solution Jul 27, 2009

I also had this problem. I realized that you must close the file in Word (or other format) before trying to align it and even cancel the look-up (open) window if you have used it just before trying to align. This way the alignment can start.
Hope this helps.
France

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL ALIGN- SERVER BUSY

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »