SDLX-> .ttx / Delete target in .ttx file
Thread poster: Jorgen1977
Jorgen1977
Local time: 20:15
English to Norwegian (Bokmal)
+ ...
Jul 25, 2009

Hi everyone,

I received some files which had the extensions .ttx.itd . I opened them in SDLX, which told me I could simply Save as .ttx to be able to open them in TagEditor. So far so good. But the .ttx files are now stored with the source text as target text as well! So Trados thinks they are already translated, and all the times gives me the "New translation unit!" message. Is there any way I can "clean" the .ttx file so that the target segments are deletet? Can I do something in SDLX so that this problem is avoided all together?

Thank you for any answers.

Jørgen

Direct link Reply with quote

Maxim Manzhosin  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Member (2008)
English to Russian
Use PlusToyz Jul 25, 2009

You need to convert your ttx into a bilingual Word file using PlusToyz. Then use another function in PlusToyz to restore the source and then convert the file back to the ttx format.

Further reading:
http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/132058-trados_how_to_remove_target_segments.html

http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/31751-ttx_to_word_converter:_requesting_beta_testers.html

Jorgen1977
English to Norwegian (Bokmal)
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Jul 26, 2009

Thanks a lot, that (apparently) worked great!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDLX-> .ttx / Delete target in .ttx file

Advanced search

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search