https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/141097-studio_2009_how_to_change_source_text.html

Studio 2009: How to change source text?
Thread poster: Alexandra Becker
Alexandra Becker
Alexandra Becker
Germany
Local time: 02:42
English to German
+ ...
Jul 27, 2009

Dear colleagues,

I would like to know how I can edit the source text in Studio 2009. The manual says I can change the source segment by using the translation results view. I have tried this out, but the source text is still the same. Besides, the corrected term is shown als deleted in red.
Any ideas??
Thanks,
Alexandra

Harmen Rijks
Harmen Rijks  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (2004)
English to Dutch
Try SDL 2007 Jul 31, 2009

Is the file your using generated in version 2007? In that case you need to change the source in 2007. I tried changing an .itd file in 2009 but had no success until I changed in 2007 and then opened it again in 2009. For some reason 2009 can not change the source if it's an older file.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2009: How to change source text?

Translation news related to SDL Trados

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »