Alexandra Becker
Alexandra Becker
Germany
Local time: 13:16
English to German
+ ...
Jul 27, 2009

Dear all,

I'm trying to find out how to highlight text? In the manuals they explain how I can insert comments, but I simply want to highlight text without comments...

Any idea??

Thanks,
Alexandra

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
AFAIK there is no such option Jul 28, 2009

Studio is not a DTP software, but a translation one. I do not know about any other possibility to mark the text as to comment it.

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
A good idea..! Jul 28, 2009

Alexandra Bühler wrote:
I'm trying to find out how to highlight text? In the manuals they explain how I can insert comments, but I simply want to highlight text without comments...

Hi Alexandra,

As Jerzy mentioned Studio will not do this unless you actually add a comment. However, we have had a few people ask for this and there is an idea on the ideas site that you could support.

http://ideas.sdl.com/ideas/detail.asp?i=2242

Regards

Paul
SDL Support

Emma Goldsmith
Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
highlight by adding quick insert doesn't work Jul 29, 2009

If the original word .doc is highlighted, it is of course tagged as such when I open it in Studio.

So I thought I would copy the tag that was created
and then the closing tag
into "add quick insert".

Why won't it work? I'm desperate to be able to highlight text for later review.

Still no option for highlighting text in Studio 2011? Jul 19, 2012

I am playing around with a demo version of Studio 2011 at the moment, trying to decide whether to buy it or a simpler setup such as Wordfast. A few features such as the ability to highlight text for later review and to edit source text as needed (typos, segmenting errors) seem to be missing from Studio 2011. Or is there something that I am just not seeing?

Emma Goldsmith
Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
Comments and source text editing Jul 19, 2012

phillips_lp wrote:

A few features such as the ability to highlight text for later review and to edit source text as needed (typos, segmenting errors) seem to be missing from Studio 2011.

You'll be pleased to hear that SDL has just released Service Pack 2 for Studio 2011 and two features that have been added are the ability to edit source segments and to make comments in the .sdlxliff file that are then shown as comments in your target Word document. If you're interested in the other new features that have been added, you might like to check out my review of the New Features in Studio 2011 SP2 or go to the SDL website where there is lots of information about the New SP2 for Studio 2011.
Emma

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
Just a note on this... Jul 21, 2012

Hi,

Studio 2011 SP2 has a highlighting feature for Word at least... so there is a quick insert for this feature that allows you to highlight the target and the fully formatted target file will also have this highlighting in it.

Perhaps this is what you need?

Regards

Paul

Jehanne Henin
Jehanne Henin  Identity Verified
Belgium
English to French
+ ...
Highlighting Oct 9, 2012

First, thank you SDL for finally having introduced this long awaited feature!
Maybe this is a stupid question but is there a way to change the colour of highlighting? Yellow is the default colour, but my client insists to have parts taken from official documents highlighted in green (yellow has another meaning for their proofreaders). Is it possible to change that? I've looked in the Colour options, but I don't see anything
... See more
First, thank you SDL for finally having introduced this long awaited feature!
Maybe this is a stupid question but is there a way to change the colour of highlighting? Yellow is the default colour, but my client insists to have parts taken from official documents highlighted in green (yellow has another meaning for their proofreaders). Is it possible to change that? I've looked in the Colour options, but I don't see anything about highlighting of the target text.

Thanks in advance!
Collapse

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
No way in Studio... Oct 9, 2012

... but a quick look at MSWord reveals a useful feature. If you search and replace you can find highlighted text and then replace the results with more highlighting. So if you open the file in Word, change the colour of the highlighter here:

If you click on replace all after setting this up all the highlighted areas change to green.

Maybe this will help?... See more
... but a quick look at MSWord reveals a useful feature. If you search and replace you can find highlighted text and then replace the results with more highlighting. So if you open the file in Word, change the colour of the highlighter here:

If you click on replace all after setting this up all the highlighted areas change to green.

Maybe this will help?

Regards

Paul
Collapse

Jehanne Henin
Jehanne Henin  Identity Verified
Belgium
English to French
+ ...
Thank you Paul! Oct 10, 2012

Yes, it helps a lot, thank you Paul! I had thought about the search/replace solution, but couldn't figure how to do it.

So thanks again!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2009: How to highlight text?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »