SDLX 2007 SP2 Build 7035 Freelance closes when try to translate in Vista. Cannot access help online
Thread poster: Lynne Honan

Lynne Honan  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 18:14
French to English
+ ...
Jul 29, 2009

I have Vista as my operating system and have been sent an SDLX file to translate. I have Trados 2007 - SDLX SP2 Build 7035 installed. When I go into the file and try to translate and confirm a segment, SDLX closes without saving.

I also cannot access SDLX Help online. The first time I tried, it told me to download some special patch or software. I did that, rebooted and still I cannot access it.

This SDLX file is part of a very important, urgent job and I need to resolve this problem asap.

I am currently downloading SDL Trados 2007 Suite_FL_863_CD_exe in the hope that will help resolve the problem, but I'm pretty doubtful.

I'm also trying to get help from SDL, but no luck so far...

Any suggestions gratefully received!

TIA
Lynne

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDLX 2007 SP2 Build 7035 Freelance closes when try to translate in Vista. Cannot access help online

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search