https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/141286-multiterm_error_2147467261_null.html

MultiTerm Error: (-2147467261): (null)
Thread poster: VCampilongo
VCampilongo
VCampilongo
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
Jul 29, 2009

Hi,

I am trying to use multiterm with translator's workbench but when I follow the procedure I get this error MultiTerm Error: (-2147467261): (null)
I also noticed that the field in the TM Options, lamguage selection, is empty and cannot choose anything.
I already tried the solutions provided in other similar post here and didn't work...I also get an error message when running Register Trados 7 Freelance...RegAsm error for several things...
There's no template dist
... See more
Hi,

I am trying to use multiterm with translator's workbench but when I follow the procedure I get this error MultiTerm Error: (-2147467261): (null)
I also noticed that the field in the TM Options, lamguage selection, is empty and cannot choose anything.
I already tried the solutions provided in other similar post here and didn't work...I also get an error message when running Register Trados 7 Freelance...RegAsm error for several things...
There's no template disturbing in Word (2003) as I only have trados and multiterms selected...So, I do not know what to try more...
Any help???

[Edited at 2009-07-29 11:24 GMT]
Collapse

Viktoria Gimbe
Viktoria Gimbe  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 02:06
English to French
+ ...
Questions Jul 29, 2009

1. What version of Trados are you having trouble with?
2. What are you trying to do when you get the error message?
3. There are four interfaces for MultiTerm: the MultiTerm program interface itself, the interface in Workbench, the interface in TagEditor and the interface in Word. Which one are you trying to use?
4. What editing environment (Word, TagEditor) are you using when you get the error message?

Answering the above questions will help ProZ users to find a s
... See more
1. What version of Trados are you having trouble with?
2. What are you trying to do when you get the error message?
3. There are four interfaces for MultiTerm: the MultiTerm program interface itself, the interface in Workbench, the interface in TagEditor and the interface in Word. Which one are you trying to use?
4. What editing environment (Word, TagEditor) are you using when you get the error message?

Answering the above questions will help ProZ users to find a solution to your problem. Without the answers to these questions, there is not much that can be done.

All the best!
Collapse

VCampilongo
VCampilongo
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
answers Jul 30, 2009

1. What version of Trados are you having trouble with? TRADOS 7 Freelance
2. What are you trying to do when you get the error message? I am trying to open the Mt base I created in workbench
3. There are four interfaces for MultiTerm: the MultiTerm program interface itself, the interface in Workbench, the interface in TagEditor and the interface in Word. Which one are you trying to use? the interface in Workbench
4. What editing environment (Word, TagEditor) are you using when y
... See more
1. What version of Trados are you having trouble with? TRADOS 7 Freelance
2. What are you trying to do when you get the error message? I am trying to open the Mt base I created in workbench
3. There are four interfaces for MultiTerm: the MultiTerm program interface itself, the interface in Workbench, the interface in TagEditor and the interface in Word. Which one are you trying to use? the interface in Workbench
4. What editing environment (Word, TagEditor) are you using when you get the error message? Word

Hope this will help
Collapse

VCampilongo
VCampilongo
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
problem solved Jul 30, 2009

I do not why...but I just decided to uninstall and install Trados again...and now everything works... Strange things happen with Trados !!
thanks anyway

Celine H
Celine H  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 07:06
English to French
+ ...
The corresponding link on Talisma Jul 30, 2009

Hi,
Usually on Talisma there are a few common issues with solutions, this one was
http://talisma.sdl.com/display/2n/index.aspx?c=&cpc=&cid=&cat=&catURL=&r=0.862480044364929

If it resumes, you can use it

[Edited at 2009-07-30 17:44 GMT]

VCampilongo
VCampilongo
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
talisma Jul 31, 2009

Hi Celine,

thanks for the suggestion

Viktoria Gimbe
Viktoria Gimbe  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 02:06
English to French
+ ...
Reinstall is often the best bet, unfortunately Aug 1, 2009

I have had some rather weird Trados behaviour lately myself, to which I tried to find a solution but couldn't. I guess there are just too many bugs and such for the solution finder to include them all...

I reinstalled, not knowing what else to do. That fixed it. It is sad but true that the simplest way to fix weird Trados behaviour is most often to simply reinstall. Too bad that that can become complicated as well (licensing problems, anyone?), not to mention that we don't always ha
... See more
I have had some rather weird Trados behaviour lately myself, to which I tried to find a solution but couldn't. I guess there are just too many bugs and such for the solution finder to include them all...

I reinstalled, not knowing what else to do. That fixed it. It is sad but true that the simplest way to fix weird Trados behaviour is most often to simply reinstall. Too bad that that can become complicated as well (licensing problems, anyone?), not to mention that we don't always have time in the middle of a project to drop everything and reinstall...

All the best!
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

MultiTerm Error: (-2147467261): (null)

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »