Sarah Silva  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 06:17
Member (2008)
German to English
+ ...
Jul 30, 2009

Hi all,

I've completed a translation for a colleague of several html files in Trados Tageditor. My version is 8.0, Trados 2007.

My colleague has version 6.5 and cannot open the bilingual .ttx files that I've sent in her version.
Does anyone know a way to convert the files or a workaround we could use?

My initial attempt was to try and "save as" but Tageditor doesn't give any additional options to save as a different file format.

Any suggestions appreciated!
Thanks!

Direct link Reply with quote

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 07:17
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Export TM Jul 30, 2009

Create a new one in 6.5, import the TM, recreate the ttx files of html files in 6.5 and use the TM to translate those files. As far my knowledge goes there is no other way to go.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to convert Tageditor files from version 8 to 6.5

Advanced search

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search