Thread poster: Karina Garcia Pedroche
Karina Garcia Pedroche
Karina Garcia Pedroche  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 09:33
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jul 30, 2009

My PC crashed a month ago and, as it has happened to many other users, or so I read, I haven't been able to make my licence work in my refurbished PC.
After following the options of the Solution Finder in the Trados website, I get to a contact form with a broken required field, so I can't submit it.
I've received automated messages as responses for my submitted live help forms, but I can't get any living, real, human person from Trados to help me keep using the software I paid for.
... See more
My PC crashed a month ago and, as it has happened to many other users, or so I read, I haven't been able to make my licence work in my refurbished PC.
After following the options of the Solution Finder in the Trados website, I get to a contact form with a broken required field, so I can't submit it.
I've received automated messages as responses for my submitted live help forms, but I can't get any living, real, human person from Trados to help me keep using the software I paid for.
Sorry if I sound upset, but I am really are. Does anyone have a contact email of someone from the Trados support team to help me? Any other idea of how can I solve my problem?

Kind regards,

Karina Garcia Pedroche
Collapse

Astrid Elke Witte
Astrid Elke Witte  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 14:33
Member (2002)
German to English
+ ...
Can you clarify about the broken required field? Jul 30, 2009

Hi Karina,

Could you describe which steps you clicked through in Solution Finder, and in what way the form would not function? What, precisely, do you mean by a "broken field"? I have just clicked through the Solution Finder, and I reach the form at the end. If you fill in some details on this form and submit it, a real human being will normally contact you. What problem are you having with the form?

Best regards,

Astrid

Karina Garcia Pedroche
Karina Garcia Pedroche  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 09:33
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Browser problem Jul 31, 2009

Dear Astrid,

I could finally find what was the problem when trying to submit the form. I was using the Google Chrome I was not able to type in the field "Version", that's what I meant by "broken field". I tried using Mozilla Firefox and I could finally submit my support request. Thank you for taking the time to check for me!
Now, I hope someone from Trados to contact me in a couple of days.

Best regards,

Karina Garcia Pedroche

Astrid Elke Witte
Astrid Elke Witte  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 14:33
Member (2002)
German to English
+ ...
Pleased to hear you solved the problem Jul 31, 2009

Dear Karina,

I am glad to hear you found the fault and were able to submit the form.

I can give you assurance that the form reaches a member of staff at SDL Trados, and that you should hear from them soon now. They will assist you with the process of returning the old licence and obtaining a replacement one, that will work with your computer.

Best regards,

Astrid

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Any support contact email from Trados?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »