margerrit  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 07:32
English to Russian
+ ...
Aug 2, 2009

Dear forum members

using MultiTerm 2007 in combination with SDL Trados 2007,
could you please help me with the Java question.

One function did not work on MultiTerm - it did not allow me to look up the whole entry for a term, showing an error message "Compile error in hidden module: MTInsertFunctions
more detail info was "There is a compilation error in the code of a specified module, but it can't be displayed because the project is protected. Unprotect the project and then run the code again to view the error."

I asked in a Russian translator forum what could be the cause of the problem, and one experienced Trados user told me that MultiTerm only works with a certain Java version (5.12, according to the MT release notes), and I had JRE 6.13 installed. He suggested that I should uninstall the newer version and install the 5.10 one. I did it, using Perfect Uninstaller.

However, this did not solve the problem, but led to a new one: I cannot look up Java properties through control panel: the icon does appear in control panel but when clicked, the message pops up -
Could not find the main class: com.sun.deploy.panel.ControlPanel. Program
will exit.

Apparently, that's the result of my java experiments.

Now I have two questions:

1) I suspect MultiTerm works percectly with Java versions newer than 5.10, is it so? then I will upgrade again.

2) Perhaps anyone could offer the solution to the control panel problem?

Thanks in advance!

Direct link Reply with quote

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 06:32
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
You certainly need JRE 1.5.12 Aug 2, 2009

which you should install.
Then upgrade to Java 6/13 and in the properties (which then should be available) deselect "Allow next generation plug-in" (as you've most certainly read in the other thread).

Russian Federation
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! Aug 2, 2009

Thank you,
So you think a newer version is no hindrance?
the 5.12 version gets installed in the process of the MT installation

How can I update if I cannot operate Java through control panel? The icon does not open, it closes after the error message

Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Use free Java downloads Aug 2, 2009

www.java.com

To have MT 2007 working, you may have newer Java updates on your PC, but you must deactivate the option "Allow next generation plug-in" via Control Panel - Java.

Russian Federation
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Java download failed Aug 2, 2009

I tried to download the latest Java version (6.14), but the download failed,
the help center said I first have to uninstall all older versions,
and if I do that I will lose the 5.10 and 5.12 versions I need to run Trados and Multiterm.
What would you recommend?

Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Look for a download for JRE 6/13 Aug 2, 2009

should be available here: http://java.sun.com/javase/downloads/index.jsp

But in case you can't fin that and the latest update forces you to deinstall the old versions: leave just the old Java runtimes, as if you install only the new one Multiterm will NOT work.

Russian Federation
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Problem persist Aug 2, 2009

tried it, it says smth like "the installation banned by system administrator"
this sounds strange as I am the only user
I think I mishandled the JRE 6.13 uninstall - I uninstalled it at the advice of another forum's member, will never do such things again - and now it won't install it

Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Try to install JRE 6.14 Aug 2, 2009

In my case it did not deinstall anything.
You can also try to uninstall all Java runtimes via Control Panel - Add/remove programs (or Software - depends on the language of your Windows GUI) and then reinstall just those you need.

So, no solution to 'Compile error'? Jan 30, 2010

Hello forum members of Pro-Z!

I have the same problem as Rita (this topic's starter), the 'Compile error' one.

Java version is that from Multiterm's distributive.

Any chances to get rid of this problem?

BTW: Which fonts shall I install onto my system for this forum to display correctly? I have some exotic font displaying. Had to choose some unknown country when registering...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Multiterm 2007 and Java

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search