can't open Multiterm with Trados 2007
Thread poster: keturah_d

keturah_d
Local time: 07:17
German to English
Aug 3, 2009

Hi,

I have just purchased Trados Studio 2009 which comes with the 2007 version.
I have installed and activated both, but have started off using the 2007 version as I can't find the support documentation for 2009.

In the 2007 version, when I try access Multiterm from the Start page, an error message reads "Object reference not set to an instance of an object".

In the Workbench, when I go to Options - Term recognition options - Termbase, the only Multiterm options i have are Multiterm 05 and Multiterm 08.

Has anyone else experienced this, or have any advice?

Many thanks!

Stefan Keller  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 08:17
English to German
Multiterm 2009? Aug 3, 2009

Hi,

If you're talking about Multiterm 2009, then there's nothing you can do at the moment. The new version of Multiterm is not (yet) compatible with SDL Trados 2007. SDL are working on a fix to be included in a Service Pack to come.

Regards,
Stefan

Peter Linton  Identity Verified
Swedish to English
+ ...
MultiTerm working well Aug 3, 2009

I installed Trados Studio 2009 with the 2007 version last week. MultiTerm 2009 is now working fine in both of them, though it was a bit of a struggle, and I cannot quite remember what I did. You need the Installation Guide (downloadable from your account in the SDL website).

One key point is that you seem to need to convert your existing termbases to work with Studio 2009, and then in 2007 you should see in the Word header "SDL MultiTerm (not just (MultTerm as before), and then you need to Open Termbase and navigate your way to the subdirectory holding your converted termbases (eg MyTermBase.mdb). In other words, MultiTerm will only work with 2009 termbases, whether from Suite 2007 or Studio 2009.

One important point which helped a lot was to uncheck the MultiTerm5.dot template from the Microsoft Word Tools / Templates and Add-Ins list, so that only MultiTerm8.dot is checked and active. It is worth persevering.

keturah_d
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
thanks! Aug 3, 2009

Thanks Stefan and Peter for your comments, I will keep trying....

Marinus Vesseur  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 23:17
English to Dutch
+ ...
SDL Trados Workbench crashes when I use Multiterm 2009 with TagEditor? Nov 1, 2009

My Multiterm 2009 SP1 now works with Office 2007 in a Windows 7 64-bit environment, but I can't get it to do anything in TagEditor (part of the SDL Trados 2007 Suite).

The Workbench immediately crashes when I click on Term Recognition Options.

Any ideas?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

can't open Multiterm with Trados 2007

Advanced search

WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search