Astrid Elke Witte  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 14:25
Member (2002)
German to English
+ ...
Aug 3, 2009

Dear Colleagues,

As part of the 2009-2010 class of moderators, as well as an avid user of SDL Trados software, it is my particular pleasure to have been accorded the privilege of co-moderating this support forum along with Carmen Cross and Maya Gorgoshidze, as we take over moderating this forum from Jared Tabor.

I have been quite involved in learning more about TagEditor, Suite 2007 and Studio in recent months, initially due to my interest in taking the certification exams and then following the release of Studio. I see in Studio an extremely promising piece of software for the future, and am in no doubt that, despite the technicalities which need to be ironed out, it is a great leap forward in technology from Suite 2007. In particular, I find the AutoSuggest dictionary feature exceedingly practical and useful, and it has already enabled me to increase productivity. I am looking forward to seeing similar developments in the aspect of term recognition, although I have learned a great deal more about this and other features of the software recently, through contact with various members of the extremely helpful development staff at SDL over the summer.

As a result of this intensive recent involvement, I am following this forum with extreme interest, and hope also to be in a position to assist users of the software over the coming year when necessary.

I would like to extend my thanks to Jared Tabor for his efforts in training the new class of moderators in recent weeks, as well as to Paul Filkin, Felix Wagner and other members of the SDL Trados staff for enabling me to learn a great deal more about the software in a very short space of time.

I wish you all a fruitful year ahead, in using this highly developed and sophisticated CAT tool to develop and enhance your business, and will be around if you wish to contact me for any reason. You can either click on the link at the foot of the page or contact me through my profile page (as long as you are logged in).

Wishing you every success in the year ahead,

Your new co-moderator,
Astrid

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

New 2009-2010 moderator team for this forum

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 only €435 / $519
Get the cheapest prices for SDL Trados Studio 2017 on ProZ.com

Join this translator’s group buy brought to you by ProZ.com and buy SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance for only €435 / $519 / £345 / ¥63000 You will also receive FREE access to Studio 2019 when released.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search