Error in configuration of TRADOS Server Manager v.7
Thread poster: dasen
Aug 4, 2009

Hi, everyone, I'm installing TRADOS 7 Server and am following the Administrator's Guide. When I get to the point of launching the Trados Server Manager for the first time, and right-clicking on "User Manager" and choosing "Login", it starts by saying "Connecting to 2003server" (which is my computer's name), then stops with a long error message. The message is:

"Source: Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server
Method: System.Exception ProcessResults(System.Data.OleDb.OleDbHResult, System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnection, System.Object)
Server stack trace:
at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnection.ProcessResults(Int32 hr)
at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnection.InitializeProvider()
at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnection.Open()
at Trados.ServerManagement.AccessManager.OleDbDataSource.Connect()
at Trados.ServerManagement.AccessManager.DotNetServer.Create(String cookie)
at Trados.ServerManagement.AccessManager.Server.Create(String cookie)
at Trados.Interop.AmTypes.IUserManager.Create(String cookie)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink._PrivateProcessMessage(IntPtr md, Object[] args, Object server, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext, Object[]& outArgs)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.PrivateProcessMessage(RuntimeMethodHandle md, Object[] args, Object server, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext, Object[]& outArgs)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.SyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext)

Exception rethrown at [0]:
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
at Trados.Interop.AmTypes.IUserManager.Create(String cookie)
at Trados.ServerManagement.AccessManager.Client.CheckSetup()
at Trados.ServerManagement.AccessManager.LoadData.LoadData_Activated(Object obj, EventArgs e)

I'm using SQL 2005 (I tried with 2000 and the same problem happened that's why I tried later with SQL 2005), on Windows Server 2003 and TRADOS Server 7.1. If you happen to know how to overcome this issue, I'd be much oblidged.

Direct link Reply with quote

Wojciech Froelich  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:05
English to Polish
Installing by yourself? Aug 5, 2009

dasen wrote:

I'm installing TRADOS 7 Server

AFAIR, servers are always installed by SDL technicians and technical support is covered by Support/Maintenance contract you sign when you buy the product.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error in configuration of TRADOS Server Manager v.7

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

• All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search