SDL trados tag support: missing tags URGENT
Thread poster: VIRTUALELINGUA

VIRTUALELINGUA  Identity Verified
Ireland
Local time: 05:32
English to Italian
+ ...
Aug 4, 2009

Sorry! Help please it is quite urgent...

Does anybody know which is the way to solve the problem with missing tags.
I am translating a manual. the agency sent me the translation memory.

Now SiENBE28-804
SSiENBE28-804iENBE28-804
I do not why but whn I try to go to the next segment on display a window with the word missing tags:
Actually for example it seems that it miss a small squqare at the beginning.
I try to copy and paste in the segment to be translated but it does not work either.

Thanks to verybody for your help!!!

Luisa Ramos, CT  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 00:32
Member (2004)
English to Spanish
Tags must match Aug 4, 2009

Quick Fix: Copy source and then translate respecting the tags. Once you deliver your translation, take time to read the manual once more and search the forums and Internet to learn about this and similar situations.

Giuliana Buscaglione  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 21:32
Member (2001)
German to Italian
+ ...
Copy source? Aug 4, 2009

Hello Serafosca,

not 100% sure I understood the problem... however if the tag is included in the source segment (open the segment and you'll see if it is so), simply click on "copy source" from the Trados dropdown menu. If the tags are not included in the source after opening the segment, you don't need to add anything.

Giuliana

Luisa Ramos, CT  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 00:32
Member (2004)
English to Spanish
Copy source, not copy and paste Aug 4, 2009

I now notice you mentioned that you did "copy and paste". Just in case, that is not what Giuliana and I suggest.

Ireland
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you very much Aug 5, 2009

Giuliana Buscaglione wrote:

Hello Serafosca,

not 100% sure I understood the problem... however if the tag is included in the source segment (open the segment and you'll see if it is so), simply click on "copy source" from the Trados dropdown menu. If the tags are not included in the source after opening the segment, you don't need to add anything.

Giuliana

Dear Giuliana,

thanks for your help. I follow your instruction and I manage to solve the problem.

Have a nice day an thank you ever so much
Serena Foschi

Ireland
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Gracias Aug 5, 2009

Hola Luisa,

muchisímas gracias! He solucionado el problema por fin.

Que tengas un buen día y gracias por tu ayuda...
Serena

Dusan Rabrenovic  Identity Verified
Slovenia
Local time: 06:32
German to Slovenian
+ ...
Entire tags and numbers can easily be placed in the right spot Aug 5, 2009

If you have only one placeable (placeables are tags and numbers, so they can easily be copied) in the source sentence, just place the cursor in the correct spot in the target segment and press ALT DOWN. If you have more than one placeable, you can cycle through them using ALT RIGHT. Once you see how it works you'll grasp it in a jiffy.

Edit: the solution I use most is ALT INSERT (copy source) and then overwrite the text with the translation, leaving the tag in the correct spot. This is best suited when you have several tags in random spots in the text. For a single placeable, ALT DOWN is preferred.

[Edited at 2009-08-05 13:58 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL trados tag support: missing tags URGENT

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running and helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search