Error(s) translating Excel file in Tageditor (Version 7.x)
Thread poster: Gert Sass (M.A.)

Gert Sass (M.A.)  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 04:45
English to German
+ ...
Aug 4, 2009

I have encountered several problems translating an Excel file in Tageditor:

#1: When trying to open certain TUs containing pieces of text such as "No. 1”, “Pressure measurement connection”, “
M- [company name]” (where the “m-“ part seems to have some sort of bulletpoint format), TWB starts searching the TM (i. e. “searching….” is displayed in the TWB message box), but then no further reaction follows. TWB simply gets caught up in its search, so all I can do is to force-quit it via the Windows Task Manager. This is sometimes followed by an error message in TE (Error 80001).

The same thing happens when searching the TM for these text parts (in an attempt to change the respective TUs), either in Word using the concordance search or directly in the TWB concordance search window.

#2: It sometimes happens that Trados toolbar options get greyed out (except for “open” and “close without saving”). After restarting Tageditor and TWB, the options are available again but at some point become again disabled.

Does anyone have a clue what causes these issues and how they can be handled?

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error(s) translating Excel file in Tageditor (Version 7.x)

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search