studio: double click returns cursor to start of segment
Thread poster: Emma Goldsmith

Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 11:29
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
Aug 5, 2009

Sometimes after I've been working for a while in Studio 2009, I double click a word to select the whole word and instead of doing that, the cursor jumps to the beginning of the segment and the source gets copied into the target segment. This happens if the original doc is .doc and also if it is .ttx

I've installed the patch to cover something to do with the cursor jumping to the start of a segment (although not under these circumstances) and it doesn't help.

Normally I double-click a word if I want to delete it, or copy it but now I can't. Closing the document doesn't help, but restarting Trados does.

Does anyone else have this problem?

Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 11:29
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
TOPIC STARTER
double-click Studio issue solved Aug 5, 2009

Thanks to Paul Filkin's help at SDL, I've solved the problem

This knowledge base article explains the solution:
http://talisma.sdl.com/article.aspx?article=2746&p=1

Apparently the shortcut "copy source to target" clashes with other applications, so changing the shortcut to something else avoids the issue.

So double-clicking now works just fine!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

studio: double click returns cursor to start of segment

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search