Problems with Trados 2007
Thread poster: VCampilongo

VCampilongo
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
Aug 6, 2009

Hi everybody,

there's something strange happening with Trados. I had trados 7 freelance, then uninstalled it because I wanted to try Trados 2007 as I upgraded to Word 2007. Then uninstalled it and now I copied and paste a text in Word, from a webpage, and it appeared translated into English...how is it possible, if I do not have any trados version now installed, so no TW and no translation memories??

then I just deselect Hidden text in Word options and the english translation disappeared, leaving the original text I copied form the web...

Do you know why this happens?

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2009-08-06 10:51 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 08:05
English
Try this... Aug 6, 2009

Hello,

This problem could be caused by a corrupt Trados template in Word. Please try the following:

1. Open Word 2007
2. Go to the Office menu
3. Select "Word Options"
4. Select "Add-Ins" from the left-hand navigation pane. You will now see a list of Word Add-ins.
5. At the bottom of this window you will see a "Manage" option, please choose "Word Add-ins" and select "Go"
6. De-select any Multiterm and Trados templates, such as Trados8.dot or Multiterm7.dot.
7. Press OK to save these changes

Please restart Microsoft Word and try again.

I hope this helps.

Many Thanks,

Gareth Powell
SDL Support Team

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problems with Trados 2007

Advanced search

WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search