MIF files are invalid in the Trados Studio 2009
Thread poster: Niki11
Niki11
Niki11
Local time: 02:56
Aug 6, 2009

I have just installed the Trados Studio 2009 and have also installed the last patch. I have a big problem:
When I create a new project and add MIF files (already used with SDL Trados 2007), at the end of the wizard, the software creates the following error log: "The file could not be opened because it is not in valid MIF file format"
But, I am sure it is a valid MIF format made from FrameMaker8, and already used with SDL Trados 2007.

My system: OS windows XP SP3 French V
... See more
I have just installed the Trados Studio 2009 and have also installed the last patch. I have a big problem:
When I create a new project and add MIF files (already used with SDL Trados 2007), at the end of the wizard, the software creates the following error log: "The file could not be opened because it is not in valid MIF file format"
But, I am sure it is a valid MIF format made from FrameMaker8, and already used with SDL Trados 2007.

My system: OS windows XP SP3 French Version
MIF created with FrameMaker 8 French version

Who has an idea ?
Best regards
Nicolas
Collapse

Same problem as you Sep 1, 2009

Hello, Did you get an anwer for your problem? I have come up with the same error message as the one you described (invalid mif files) and i can't find a solution.Could you let me know if you find something? Thanks

Niki11
Niki11
Local time: 02:56
TOPIC STARTER
MIF files invalid Sep 1, 2009

Hi Céline !

I have no answer for the moment. I have been contacted by the SDL England and hopefully they read the forum, but my contact is out of the office until Monday 7th September.
So I am actually working with the old version.

I think there is a big bug with the Studio 2009 for several languages and MIF files.
Unfortunately there is not direct "bug" service to fix important problems like that.

Regards
Nicolas

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

MIF files are invalid in the Trados Studio 2009

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »