MIF files are invalid in the Trados Studio 2009
Thread poster: Niki11
Niki11
Local time: 01:50
Aug 6, 2009

I have just installed the Trados Studio 2009 and have also installed the last patch. I have a big problem:
When I create a new project and add MIF files (already used with SDL Trados 2007), at the end of the wizard, the software creates the following error log: "The file could not be opened because it is not in valid MIF file format"
But, I am sure it is a valid MIF format made from FrameMaker8, and already used with SDL Trados 2007.

My system: OS windows XP SP3 French Version
MIF created with FrameMaker 8 French version

Who has an idea ?
Best regards
Nicolas

Direct link Reply with quote

Same problem as you Sep 1, 2009

Hello, Did you get an anwer for your problem? I have come up with the same error message as the one you described (invalid mif files) and i can't find a solution.Could you let me know if you find something? Thanks

Niki11
Local time: 01:50
TOPIC STARTER
MIF files invalid Sep 1, 2009

Hi Céline !

I have no answer for the moment. I have been contacted by the SDL England and hopefully they read the forum, but my contact is out of the office until Monday 7th September.
So I am actually working with the old version.

I think there is a big bug with the Studio 2009 for several languages and MIF files.
Unfortunately there is not direct "bug" service to fix important problems like that.

Regards
Nicolas

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

MIF files are invalid in the Trados Studio 2009

Advanced search

Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search