Help!! TM memory file corrupted
Thread poster: VIRTUALELINGUA

VIRTUALELINGUA  Identity Verified
Ireland
Local time: 05:57
English to Italian
+ ...
Aug 6, 2009

Hi! Sorry I have a problem with the Tm using Trados workbench.
I've finished the translation of a manual trough ussing SDL trados.The agency sent me a TC memory: now by mistake I cancel one of the Trados index file ( if I am not wrong it must have 5 index file).
By mistake I borrow it and now I am trying to recover it.
Do you know if there is a method for solving the problem. I mean I've alreadu have the text translated but I can not dispose of the new memory with the transal
... See more
Hi! Sorry I have a problem with the Tm using Trados workbench.
I've finished the translation of a manual trough ussing SDL trados.The agency sent me a TC memory: now by mistake I cancel one of the Trados index file ( if I am not wrong it must have 5 index file).
By mistake I borrow it and now I am trying to recover it.
Do you know if there is a method for solving the problem. I mean I've alreadu have the text translated but I can not dispose of the new memory with the transalted tags I added.

Thanks
Serena
Collapse

Lori Cirefice  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 06:57
French to English
wrong forum Aug 6, 2009

You might want to move this to the right forum to get the help you need!

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 06:57
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Create a new TM with exactly the same name Aug 6, 2009

but in a different folder.
Close Workbench.
Then copy the files with endings: *.iix, *.mdf, *.mtf and *.mwf to the folder where your original TM is stored. Very important: DO NOT OVERWRITE the ORIGINAL *.tmw FILE!
Open Workben, open the original TM and reorganise it.
This should do the trick.

Elin Davies  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (2008)
English to Welsh
+ ...
I love you Jerzy!! Jul 23, 2011

Jerzy Czopik wrote:

but in a different folder.
Close Workbench.
Then copy the files with endings: *.iix, *.mdf, *.mtf and *.mwf to the folder where your original TM is stored. Very important: DO NOT OVERWRITE the ORIGINAL *.tmw FILE!
Open Workben, open the original TM and reorganise it.
This should do the trick.

I've been having a problem with my main TM for weeks where it would just hang on a segment and I'd have to close and use another TM, and it also started crashing each time I'd try and analyse, and I couldn't find a solution anywhere. Also, had been stupidly meaning to do a back up for a while but hadn't so didn't want to have to backtrack all the work I'd have lost. I finally found this thread and tried you solution and it seems to be working again. Thanks for posting all the way back in 2009 - still good and useful advice in 2011!

Elin

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Help!! TM memory file corrupted

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search