Thread poster: Åsa_Maria K

Åsa_Maria K  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 18:06
English to Swedish
+ ...
Aug 9, 2009

Hi!

I had SDL Trados 2007 Freelance installed on two computers. Because of a mothercard crash on one of them I had no chance to export the Trados license before it stopped working.

When I try to use the license number on my new computer it simply won't work. I find the following information on their web site:

"If you use an Activation Code please return it on the old computer before formatting your disk. You can use it again after you have installed the software on the new computer.

Please do also return your license file before changing computers/formatting your disk. You'll have to generate a new license file afterwards."

The problem is I did not have the time to export the license before the crash. Any ideas on what to to??

Giles Watson  Identity Verified
Italy
Italian to English
SDL Support Solution Finder Aug 9, 2009

Hi,

AFAIK, you're going to have to get help from SDL support for this.

Go to the Customer Portal:

talisma.sdl.com

and click on the "Solution Finder" tab. Select "Licensing Problems" in the sidebar and click on "My software runs in demo mode only, or Activation/Licensing does not work". This will take you through a brief routine leading to a support request form. Fill that in, explain your problem (keep your order number handy) and someone should get back to you with help.

Best,

Giles

Åsa_Maria K  Identity Verified
Sweden
English to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
SDL Support Solution Finder Aug 10, 2009

Thank you so much, Giles. I kind of got lost on their web site. Hope it will be sorted out soon.

Kindly, Åsa

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Installing SDL Trados 2007 Freelance on new computer

Advanced search

WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running and helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search